Age Concern name change
David BaleCharities Age Concern Norfolk and Age Concern Norwich are changing their names in the next few weeks, following the national merger of Age Concern England and Help the Aged.David Bale
Charities Age Concern Norfolk and Age Concern Norwich are changing their names in the next few weeks, following the national merger of Age Concern England and Help the Aged.
The two major national charities merged in 2009 to form one organisation and from Monday, April 19 this new merged charity will be known as Age UK.
Age Concern Norfolk and Age Concern Norwich will be changed to Age UK Norfolk and Age UK Norwich respectively.
Hilary MacDonald, Chief Executive of Age Concern Norfolk, said: 'Our change of name and logo signifies our partnership with Age UK, but does not mean we'll change who we are and what we do best. We will continue to work with and for older people in Norfolk as independent charities and will continue to operate the same range and breadth of support services as we do now.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 5 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk