Age Concern name change
David BaleCharities Age Concern Norfolk and Age Concern Norwich are changing their names in the next few weeks, following the national merger of Age Concern England and Help the Aged.David Bale
Charities Age Concern Norfolk and Age Concern Norwich are changing their names in the next few weeks, following the national merger of Age Concern England and Help the Aged.
The two major national charities merged in 2009 to form one organisation and from Monday, April 19 this new merged charity will be known as Age UK.
Age Concern Norfolk and Age Concern Norwich will be changed to Age UK Norfolk and Age UK Norwich respectively.
Hilary MacDonald, Chief Executive of Age Concern Norfolk, said: 'Our change of name and logo signifies our partnership with Age UK, but does not mean we'll change who we are and what we do best. We will continue to work with and for older people in Norfolk as independent charities and will continue to operate the same range and breadth of support services as we do now.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 8 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st