AFC Wanderers on course for Norwich Sunday League Premier Division and Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup double
AFC Wanderers are still on course for a dream double after beating long-time leaders the Grove in a key game which could have a major bearing on the outcome of the Norwich Sunday League Premier Division title race.
'It was a superb result,' commented AFC manager Jason Bush.
'It gives everyone else something to play for. A lot of the top teams have got to play each other so there are a lot of points to be dropped and won.'
Wanderers clinched their success with goals from Matt Elwin, Craig Vincent, Scott Sell and a penalty from the prolific Luke Tuttle, who has now netted 102 times in 130 appearances for the club.
Despite the results, Wanderers were made to fight all the way for their win.
You may also want to watch:
'It looks comfortable on paper but it was a hard battle for 90 minutes really,' said Bush, whose side travel to Yarmouth outfit Camden Tavern on February 19 in a Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup semi-final.
The other tie sees Marlborough, who are also very much in the Premier Division title race running, host old rivals Yarmouth side El Sol in a repeat of the 2009 final at Carrow Road, which Marlborough won 5-1.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub