Add 1920s glamour to your home
The Art Deco look for homes is back, says Emma Harrowing. So how can you get the glamour of the 1920s into your home?
Interiors are going glitzy this spring, with mirrored furniture, glass and crystal reminiscent of the roaring 1920s.
It is easy to see why this eloquent look is a trend. For a start flapper fashion is on the catwalks – and its a sure-fired certainty that what we wear will be mirrored in our homes.
Then there is the highly anticipated release of The Great Gatsby which hits our screens later this year. The high glamour look is also the perfect way to brighten up our homes and escape into a fantasy world.
Get the look with geometric shapes, chrome, glass, shiny fabrics, silver, black and white. Choose single pieces of furniture rather than a suite and bring back parquet flooring or linoleum in black and white chequerboard tiles. And remember to put Ostrich feathers on display.
You may also want to watch:
You can also make an impact by silver-leafing your entire ceiling and black glossing your floor. It's the perfect setting for a lavish cocktail party.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
You can always take elements of 1920s style to create your own individual style. Keep your room as minimal as possible and jazz it up with a geometric mirror above the fireplace, silver candle holders, shiny metallic cushions, a glass light shade and crystal cut wine glasses on the side in case you get any unexpected visitors.
Find out how you can get a 1920s inspired look for your home by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.