Adam Bloom headlines latest Norwich Red Card Comedy night
- Credit: Andy Hollingworth
Once named by Ricky Gervais as his 'favourite comedian', the ever quirky comedy circuit stalwart heads a bill that also includes Kevin Shepherd, Diane Spencer and Tim Clark.
Clever and inventive, Adam Bloom is on a mission to convince you that he is the greatest comic ever, and he makes a surprisingly good case.
Quirky and inventive comedy, he offers up meticulous, brilliant lines delivered at high speed with an intense and fragile honesty that long made him a popular performer.
A bit of a comic's comic, he was once named by Ricky Gervais as his 'favourite comedian'.
'It's a bit like asking a model why they're beautiful, it won't make them come out sounding very good,' he says of how he would describe his comedy. 'I have ideas and I run with them. Even if I'm telling a story, it's still full of thoughts that I've had. So, I don't make observations and I don't tell jokes.
You may also want to watch:
He will be back in the region to headline the latest Red Card Comedy Club at Carrow Road in Norwich on June 29 and he retains a passion for the comedy club circuit.
He said: 'Sitting in an audience makes you feel part of the event, the performer could talk to you at any moment and any member of the audience could heckle with something that provokes magic or even respond to a question from the comedian that causes something wonderful to happen.'
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 6 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 7 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
He will be joined at Red Card by Kevin Shepherd who delivers a plethora of one-liners and some well written, absurd stories filled with sharp wit and cheeky humour.
Wacky, irreverent, shocking and hilarious, former teacher Diane Spencer has won acclaim for her irreverent storytelling and wacky, filthy observations that will charm, shock and uplift in equal measure.
Host for the night is Tim Clark, one of the UK's longest running and most in demand compere and warm-up artists, who has appeared across the globe from Shanghai to Mumbai. A huge sports fan, he always loves returning to Carrow Road.
• Red Card Comedy Club is at Carrow Road, Norwich, on June 29, 8.30pm, £14, 01603 508050, visit redcardcomedyclub.com