Actors applauds Attleborough super slimmer
The super efforts of an Attleborough woman, who lost more than seven stone in weight, have been applauded at a national slimming competition.
Caroline Gardiner was one of just 42 women from across the country to reach the finals of Slimming World's Woman of the Year 2010 competition.
Although the 24-year-old didn't take home the ultimate prize, she was personally congratulated by former Hollyoaks hunk Ricky Whittle.
The Strictly Come Dancing star said: 'Obesity is never out of the news so for Caroline to be making the headlines for all the right reasons is brilliant.
'She should be an inspiration to other women in Attleborough who want to slim down – I'm sure she'd be stunning out on the dance floor too.'
You may also want to watch:
Caroline joined the Wymondham Slimming World group in January 2009 and since then had slimmed from 19st 7lb to 11st 12.5lb – losing a total of 7st 8.5lb.
Her inspirational weight loss prompted her fellow members to vote her as their representative in the annual competition and, after winning the regional heat, she secured her place in the national finals.
- 1 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 See work to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 4 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 5 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 6 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 7 'Delighted to be out again' - City centre pub gardens proving popular
- 8 Wrestling school stars in Channel 4 show with top comedian
- 9 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 10 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
'I'd tried so many times and so many ways to lose weight before – usually depriving myself of the foods I enjoy and going hungry, so inevitably my attempts failed miserably. I decided to have one last try and luckily I found Slimming World', she said.
'The competition day itself was great fun. It was a brilliant way to celebrate how far I've come and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the other finalists.'
Slimming World Consultant Debbie Smith said Caroline should be a role model for people in south Norfolk where 23.5pc of the population is obese.
'Caroline is not only looking great, she's added years to her life and become a role model in our local community. Her success is inspiring other people in Attleborough to turn their health around and help us beat obesity in the area,' she said.