Actors applauds Attleborough super slimmer
The super efforts of an Attleborough woman, who lost more than seven stone in weight, have been applauded at a national slimming competition.
Caroline Gardiner was one of just 42 women from across the country to reach the finals of Slimming World's Woman of the Year 2010 competition.
Although the 24-year-old didn't take home the ultimate prize, she was personally congratulated by former Hollyoaks hunk Ricky Whittle.
The Strictly Come Dancing star said: 'Obesity is never out of the news so for Caroline to be making the headlines for all the right reasons is brilliant.
'She should be an inspiration to other women in Attleborough who want to slim down – I'm sure she'd be stunning out on the dance floor too.'
Caroline joined the Wymondham Slimming World group in January 2009 and since then had slimmed from 19st 7lb to 11st 12.5lb – losing a total of 7st 8.5lb.
Her inspirational weight loss prompted her fellow members to vote her as their representative in the annual competition and, after winning the regional heat, she secured her place in the national finals.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 6 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 7 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 8 City folk overjoyed by £1.5m food hall plan in empty restaurant
- 9 Concerns over three new homes plan after six others approved in village
- 10 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
'I'd tried so many times and so many ways to lose weight before – usually depriving myself of the foods I enjoy and going hungry, so inevitably my attempts failed miserably. I decided to have one last try and luckily I found Slimming World', she said.
'The competition day itself was great fun. It was a brilliant way to celebrate how far I've come and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the other finalists.'
Slimming World Consultant Debbie Smith said Caroline should be a role model for people in south Norfolk where 23.5pc of the population is obese.
'Caroline is not only looking great, she's added years to her life and become a role model in our local community. Her success is inspiring other people in Attleborough to turn their health around and help us beat obesity in the area,' she said.