Actors applauds Attleborough super slimmer
The super efforts of an Attleborough woman, who lost more than seven stone in weight, have been applauded at a national slimming competition.
Caroline Gardiner was one of just 42 women from across the country to reach the finals of Slimming World's Woman of the Year 2010 competition.
Although the 24-year-old didn't take home the ultimate prize, she was personally congratulated by former Hollyoaks hunk Ricky Whittle.
The Strictly Come Dancing star said: 'Obesity is never out of the news so for Caroline to be making the headlines for all the right reasons is brilliant.
'She should be an inspiration to other women in Attleborough who want to slim down – I'm sure she'd be stunning out on the dance floor too.'
You may also want to watch:
Caroline joined the Wymondham Slimming World group in January 2009 and since then had slimmed from 19st 7lb to 11st 12.5lb – losing a total of 7st 8.5lb.
Her inspirational weight loss prompted her fellow members to vote her as their representative in the annual competition and, after winning the regional heat, she secured her place in the national finals.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 10 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
'I'd tried so many times and so many ways to lose weight before – usually depriving myself of the foods I enjoy and going hungry, so inevitably my attempts failed miserably. I decided to have one last try and luckily I found Slimming World', she said.
'The competition day itself was great fun. It was a brilliant way to celebrate how far I've come and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the other finalists.'
Slimming World Consultant Debbie Smith said Caroline should be a role model for people in south Norfolk where 23.5pc of the population is obese.
'Caroline is not only looking great, she's added years to her life and become a role model in our local community. Her success is inspiring other people in Attleborough to turn their health around and help us beat obesity in the area,' she said.