Actor sports a new look to raise money for Arthritis Research
- Credit: Archant
An actor who has not had a haircut in 10 years cut off his locks in the name of a charity close to his heart.
Paul Allum from Mile Cross in Norwich chopped his hair off after he landed the lead role in the Dereham Theatre Company's production of Little Shop of Horrors.
Because of the length of his hair, Paul decided also to turn the act into a fundraiser for Arthritis Research UK.
He also donated the hair that was cut to The Little Princess Trust, a charity that makes wigs for young children diagnosed with cancer.
Paul was motivated to make the donation to Arthritis Research UK after seeing his close friend and fellow actress Diane Goldsmith suffer from the condition since her late 20s.
You may also want to watch:
Despite this, Diane has managed to run her own hair salon in Thorpe.
Paul said: 'She's fun-loving and very outgoing and everyone loves her.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 9 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
'We've made well over £600, and the money is still coming in'.
Arthritis Research UK aims to help spread awareness and is the largest medical research charity for arthritis in the United Kingdom.
Much of its funding goes to the Norfolk Arthritis Register, the leading study in the world for investigating arthritis, at the University of East Anglia.
To donate, visit justgiving.com/Paul-Allum2
Are you fundraising for a charity close to your heart? Email email@example.com