Actor sports a new look to raise money for Arthritis Research
- Credit: Archant
An actor who has not had a haircut in 10 years cut off his locks in the name of a charity close to his heart.
Paul Allum from Mile Cross in Norwich chopped his hair off after he landed the lead role in the Dereham Theatre Company's production of Little Shop of Horrors.
Because of the length of his hair, Paul decided also to turn the act into a fundraiser for Arthritis Research UK.
He also donated the hair that was cut to The Little Princess Trust, a charity that makes wigs for young children diagnosed with cancer.
Paul was motivated to make the donation to Arthritis Research UK after seeing his close friend and fellow actress Diane Goldsmith suffer from the condition since her late 20s.
Despite this, Diane has managed to run her own hair salon in Thorpe.
Paul said: 'She's fun-loving and very outgoing and everyone loves her.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 3 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 4 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 5 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 6 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 7 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 8 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 9 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 10 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
'We've made well over £600, and the money is still coming in'.
Arthritis Research UK aims to help spread awareness and is the largest medical research charity for arthritis in the United Kingdom.
Much of its funding goes to the Norfolk Arthritis Register, the leading study in the world for investigating arthritis, at the University of East Anglia.
To donate, visit justgiving.com/Paul-Allum2
Are you fundraising for a charity close to your heart? Email email@example.com