Acle stun leaders
For the first time since December 13 games were played in the Evening News Norwich Sunday League as 12 of the 39 scheduled fixtures beat the weather. In the Premier Division, Acle Rangers brushed off the cobwebs to beat league leaders The Grove 4-1.
For the first time since December 13 games were played in the Evening News Norwich Sunday League as 12 of the 39 scheduled fixtures beat the weather.
In the Premier Division, Acle Rangers brushed off the cobwebs to beat league leaders The Grove 4-1. No games were played in 1A, but in 1B, Norfolk CCSC went top after winning 3-2 at previous leaders Aylsham Sunday. The other game in the division saw Hillside OB gain a valuable point (Ben Jervis, Matt Nudd) at Drayton in a 2-2 draw.
In 2A, Vale Longo moved up to third spot with a good 5-1 (Pete Crowley, Kevin Brown, Jatinder Dhaliwal and Jerry Archer)win over second placed Norman Wanderers A. All five goals were set up by the outstanding Gavin Powley, whilst goals by Stuart Catchpole and Lee Kirby saw Deopham jump a few places after a 2-0 win at Coachmakers Arms.
Thorpe Rovers in 2B, gained their first win, 3-2 at PL Rangers. The game between Sprowston Rovers and Acle Rangers Res couldn't produce a goal, whilst St Faiths moved up to third after beating The Gordon 5-1. The Otter are new leaders of 3A after a 2-0 home win over Temple Bar.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 How Norwich's former pubs have changed over the years