Acle stun leaders
For the first time since December 13 games were played in the Evening News Norwich Sunday League as 12 of the 39 scheduled fixtures beat the weather. In the Premier Division, Acle Rangers brushed off the cobwebs to beat league leaders The Grove 4-1.
For the first time since December 13 games were played in the Evening News Norwich Sunday League as 12 of the 39 scheduled fixtures beat the weather.
In the Premier Division, Acle Rangers brushed off the cobwebs to beat league leaders The Grove 4-1. No games were played in 1A, but in 1B, Norfolk CCSC went top after winning 3-2 at previous leaders Aylsham Sunday. The other game in the division saw Hillside OB gain a valuable point (Ben Jervis, Matt Nudd) at Drayton in a 2-2 draw.
In 2A, Vale Longo moved up to third spot with a good 5-1 (Pete Crowley, Kevin Brown, Jatinder Dhaliwal and Jerry Archer)win over second placed Norman Wanderers A. All five goals were set up by the outstanding Gavin Powley, whilst goals by Stuart Catchpole and Lee Kirby saw Deopham jump a few places after a 2-0 win at Coachmakers Arms.
Thorpe Rovers in 2B, gained their first win, 3-2 at PL Rangers. The game between Sprowston Rovers and Acle Rangers Res couldn't produce a goal, whilst St Faiths moved up to third after beating The Gordon 5-1. The Otter are new leaders of 3A after a 2-0 home win over Temple Bar.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 5 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 9 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 10 City bar owner tells clubbers: 'Turn off Covid app'