Acle stun leaders
For the first time since December 13 games were played in the Evening News Norwich Sunday League as 12 of the 39 scheduled fixtures beat the weather. In the Premier Division, Acle Rangers brushed off the cobwebs to beat league leaders The Grove 4-1.
For the first time since December 13 games were played in the Evening News Norwich Sunday League as 12 of the 39 scheduled fixtures beat the weather.
In the Premier Division, Acle Rangers brushed off the cobwebs to beat league leaders The Grove 4-1. No games were played in 1A, but in 1B, Norfolk CCSC went top after winning 3-2 at previous leaders Aylsham Sunday. The other game in the division saw Hillside OB gain a valuable point (Ben Jervis, Matt Nudd) at Drayton in a 2-2 draw.
In 2A, Vale Longo moved up to third spot with a good 5-1 (Pete Crowley, Kevin Brown, Jatinder Dhaliwal and Jerry Archer)win over second placed Norman Wanderers A. All five goals were set up by the outstanding Gavin Powley, whilst goals by Stuart Catchpole and Lee Kirby saw Deopham jump a few places after a 2-0 win at Coachmakers Arms.
Thorpe Rovers in 2B, gained their first win, 3-2 at PL Rangers. The game between Sprowston Rovers and Acle Rangers Res couldn't produce a goal, whilst St Faiths moved up to third after beating The Gordon 5-1. The Otter are new leaders of 3A after a 2-0 home win over Temple Bar.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Picture quiz: How much do you know about Norwich clocks?