A47 Acle Straight reopens - two taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
One man has been seriously injured in a crash that closed the A47 Acle Straight near Great Yarmouth.
Five people were involved in a car crash that closed the A47 Acle Straight near Great Yarmouth for several hours this morning.
Two were taken to hospital for treatment with one man suffering a serious head injury.
The collision happened on New Road, near the Vauxhall Holiday Park, just after 10.30am today, and the road has reopened.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said three vehicles were involved.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust said it was called to the scene at 10.39am.
A spokesman said: 'Three ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer attended and treated five patients at the scene.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
'One patient with a serious head injury and two others with minor injuries were taken to James Paget Hospital. Two further patients did not require any medical assistance and were discharged from scene.'
At 1.45pm, the Highways Agency said the road remained closed in both directions at the A12 Vauxhall roundabout for on-going recovery and clean-up work.
The road reopened just after 2.15pm.