A true tale of triumph and tradegy
The Great Hall Players will be staging Ted Tally's Terra Nova - the story of Scott's legendry expedition to the South Pole - at the Assembly House.“Had we lived, I should have had a tale to tell of the endurances and courage of my companions to stir the heart of every Englishman.
The Great hall Players will be staging Ted Tally's Terra Nova - the story of Scott's legendry expedition to the South Pole - at the Assembly House.
“Had we lived, I should have had a tale to tell of the hardihood, endurances, and courage of my companions which would have stirred the heart of every Englishman. These rough notes and our bodies must tell the tale”
The triumph and the tragedy of the Scott's expedition make a majestic and revealing tale of the British Empire in the early twentieth century that today regardless of the controversy that surrounds Scott's leadership, continues to touch the hearts and stir the imaginations of those who hear the story.
You may also want to watch:
Terra Nova, Tuesday, February 5 to Saturday, February 9, 7.30pm, Assembly House, £7. Call (01603) 598688.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale