A sneak peek at the trends of Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week is a celebration of independent fashion in your city. Emma Harrowing gets a sneak peek at the new spring and summer collections to give you a taster of what will be showcased throughout the week. With photos by Antony Kelly.
Norwich Fashion Week (NFW) fever is sweeping the city. Designers are busy creating one-off designs for the shows, independent fashion retailers are buying in their spring and summer collections, and the Life Matters team are trying to decide what to wear to each of the events taking place throughout the week.
All eyes are on what will be the key looks of NFW and the launch night catwalk show promises to reveal the trends that we will all be wanting to wear next season.
If you are anything like us here at Life Matters headquarters you will be itching to find out what will be shown on the NFW catwalk.
You may also want to watch:
Will stripes, checks and florals reign supreme on the pattern front? Will Seventies style steal the show? Will there be a show-stopping look that we will balk at but find ourselves wearing by mid-season?
With NFW outfits still being decided upon and others under lock and key, we have scoured the new spring collections from some of the independent retailers who are appearing at NFW to give you a preview of what could be the main trends at the shows.
- 1 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 2 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 3 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 4 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 5 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 6 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 7 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 8 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 9 New plans lodged for Norwich hotel above Tesco
- 10 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
See the Life Matters fashion shoot by clicking on the Norwich Fashion Week preview link at the top right hand side of the page. Daisy & Lola, Elements, Poppy Valentine, Soho Hip and Vanilla will be showcasing their latest looks at the NFW launch party catwalk show sponsored by Vanilla on Thursday, February 17 at 7.30pm at The Library Restaurant on Guildhall Hill. For tickets call The Library Restaurant on 01603 616606 or Vanilla on 01603 452305 or 01603 413411.
Jarrold will be having a Fashion Day as part of NFW on Saturday, February 19. Norwich Fashion Week runs from Thursday, February 17 until Thursday, February 24. For programme information see the events link on the Norwich Fashion Week homepage.