A sneak peek at the trends of Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week is a celebration of independent fashion in your city. Emma Harrowing gets a sneak peek at the new spring and summer collections to give you a taster of what will be showcased throughout the week. With photos by Antony Kelly.
Norwich Fashion Week (NFW) fever is sweeping the city. Designers are busy creating one-off designs for the shows, independent fashion retailers are buying in their spring and summer collections, and the Life Matters team are trying to decide what to wear to each of the events taking place throughout the week.
All eyes are on what will be the key looks of NFW and the launch night catwalk show promises to reveal the trends that we will all be wanting to wear next season.
If you are anything like us here at Life Matters headquarters you will be itching to find out what will be shown on the NFW catwalk.
You may also want to watch:
Will stripes, checks and florals reign supreme on the pattern front? Will Seventies style steal the show? Will there be a show-stopping look that we will balk at but find ourselves wearing by mid-season?
With NFW outfits still being decided upon and others under lock and key, we have scoured the new spring collections from some of the independent retailers who are appearing at NFW to give you a preview of what could be the main trends at the shows.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
See the Life Matters fashion shoot by clicking on the Norwich Fashion Week preview link at the top right hand side of the page. Daisy & Lola, Elements, Poppy Valentine, Soho Hip and Vanilla will be showcasing their latest looks at the NFW launch party catwalk show sponsored by Vanilla on Thursday, February 17 at 7.30pm at The Library Restaurant on Guildhall Hill. For tickets call The Library Restaurant on 01603 616606 or Vanilla on 01603 452305 or 01603 413411.
Jarrold will be having a Fashion Day as part of NFW on Saturday, February 19. Norwich Fashion Week runs from Thursday, February 17 until Thursday, February 24. For programme information see the events link on the Norwich Fashion Week homepage.