A sneak peek at the trends of Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week is a celebration of independent fashion in your city. Emma Harrowing gets a sneak peek at the new spring and summer collections to give you a taster of what will be showcased throughout the week. With photos by Antony Kelly.
Norwich Fashion Week (NFW) fever is sweeping the city. Designers are busy creating one-off designs for the shows, independent fashion retailers are buying in their spring and summer collections, and the Life Matters team are trying to decide what to wear to each of the events taking place throughout the week.
All eyes are on what will be the key looks of NFW and the launch night catwalk show promises to reveal the trends that we will all be wanting to wear next season.
If you are anything like us here at Life Matters headquarters you will be itching to find out what will be shown on the NFW catwalk.
You may also want to watch:
Will stripes, checks and florals reign supreme on the pattern front? Will Seventies style steal the show? Will there be a show-stopping look that we will balk at but find ourselves wearing by mid-season?
With NFW outfits still being decided upon and others under lock and key, we have scoured the new spring collections from some of the independent retailers who are appearing at NFW to give you a preview of what could be the main trends at the shows.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 6 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
See the Life Matters fashion shoot by clicking on the Norwich Fashion Week preview link at the top right hand side of the page. Daisy & Lola, Elements, Poppy Valentine, Soho Hip and Vanilla will be showcasing their latest looks at the NFW launch party catwalk show sponsored by Vanilla on Thursday, February 17 at 7.30pm at The Library Restaurant on Guildhall Hill. For tickets call The Library Restaurant on 01603 616606 or Vanilla on 01603 452305 or 01603 413411.
Jarrold will be having a Fashion Day as part of NFW on Saturday, February 19. Norwich Fashion Week runs from Thursday, February 17 until Thursday, February 24. For programme information see the events link on the Norwich Fashion Week homepage.