A sneak peak at what independent retailers have in store for Norwich Fashion Week
Independent fashion retailers are getting ready to prove how Norwich does it best next week as they launch Norwich Fashion Week 2012. Emma Harrowing reveals some of the looks that could be on the catwalk. Photos by Bill Smith.
If you haven't got your ticket yet to the launch of Norwich Fashion Week, what are you waiting for?
It's the chance to get dressed up, get a glimpse of the new spring and summer collections from Norwich's independent boutiques and perhaps even get papped.
The Independent Retailers Show kicks off Norwich Fashion Week on Thursday, March 8. The show is being billed as one that will 'blow you away'. With sets choreographed by experienced dancer and fashion show producer Stephen Knights, styled by stylist Louise Lace and supported by technicians from City College Norwich it looks like the launch show could do just that.
Collections on the catwalk include womenswear from Vanilla, Jarrold, Pure, Nola, ego, Walkers of Pottergate, Love Couture and Ginger; menswear from Jonathan Trumbull, Jarrold, Hatters and Claxtons; and Dipple and Conway will be showcasing the latest eye wear.
A sneak peak at what could be on the catwalk at the show reveals some exciting new looks. Colour, lace, metallics and florals are tipped to be top of the style stakes for women, and colour, 1990s grunge and the preppy look for men.
The Gallery Haircutters will be styling the hair for the show and if our preview fashion shoot at Tao Club and Lounge on Prince of Wales Road is anything to go by it's all about texture and volume for both men and women. Messy updos and 1940s inspired rolls take on a contemporary twist for women. For men, the quiff is back and is making a bigger statement than before and texture brings back the 1990s grunge look.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 5 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
For make-up, MAC at Jarrold will be creating the latest looks for the catwalk and it looks like the colour block look has well and truly arrived with brightly coloured eye make-up and a nude lip or a bright lip and neutral eyes.
Check out some of the looks rumoured to be on the catwalk next week in our photo gallery. Just click the link at the top right hand side of this page.