A sneak peak at what independent retailers have in store for Norwich Fashion Week
Independent fashion retailers are getting ready to prove how Norwich does it best next week as they launch Norwich Fashion Week 2012. Emma Harrowing reveals some of the looks that could be on the catwalk. Photos by Bill Smith.
If you haven't got your ticket yet to the launch of Norwich Fashion Week, what are you waiting for?
It's the chance to get dressed up, get a glimpse of the new spring and summer collections from Norwich's independent boutiques and perhaps even get papped.
The Independent Retailers Show kicks off Norwich Fashion Week on Thursday, March 8. The show is being billed as one that will 'blow you away'. With sets choreographed by experienced dancer and fashion show producer Stephen Knights, styled by stylist Louise Lace and supported by technicians from City College Norwich it looks like the launch show could do just that.
Collections on the catwalk include womenswear from Vanilla, Jarrold, Pure, Nola, ego, Walkers of Pottergate, Love Couture and Ginger; menswear from Jonathan Trumbull, Jarrold, Hatters and Claxtons; and Dipple and Conway will be showcasing the latest eye wear.
You may also want to watch:
A sneak peak at what could be on the catwalk at the show reveals some exciting new looks. Colour, lace, metallics and florals are tipped to be top of the style stakes for women, and colour, 1990s grunge and the preppy look for men.
The Gallery Haircutters will be styling the hair for the show and if our preview fashion shoot at Tao Club and Lounge on Prince of Wales Road is anything to go by it's all about texture and volume for both men and women. Messy updos and 1940s inspired rolls take on a contemporary twist for women. For men, the quiff is back and is making a bigger statement than before and texture brings back the 1990s grunge look.
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 6 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
For make-up, MAC at Jarrold will be creating the latest looks for the catwalk and it looks like the colour block look has well and truly arrived with brightly coloured eye make-up and a nude lip or a bright lip and neutral eyes.
Check out some of the looks rumoured to be on the catwalk next week in our photo gallery. Just click the link at the top right hand side of this page.