A Norwich super slimmer is set to inspire others in the city
A health care assistant from Norwich has been so inspired by her weight loss success that she is taking on an additional new career.
Tania Emmens of Keyes Road in Lakenham, has lost over four stone since February 2009 and spurred on by her improved health she now wants to help others in the Norwich area.
Mrs Emmens said: 'I am very excited. It's the best job to have if I can get someone to feel as good as I do. I am so proud of all the ladies I am helping. I don't have any men signed up yet but I am hoping they will soon.'
The 46-year-old had been overweight since her childhood and explained that she had very poor self esteem and low confidence around people she didn't know.
The final trigger came when she booked a holiday to go on a cruise. She said: 'I wanted to feel the belle of the ball on formal nights and I knew that I wouldn't unless I made some changes to lose weight.'
You may also want to watch:
After trying numerous diets over the years, she eventually joined Slimming World with a friend. 'I made changes to the way I cooked my food and have really enjoyed learning about new foods and recipes in group each week,' she said. 'I was recently crowned the group's 'Miss Slinky.''
Mrs Emmens has now reached her target weight, losing a total of four stone and five pounds. Her health has also significantly improved and she has not had an asthma attack this year.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
She said: 'As well as eating healthily the group encouraged me to become more active. I gradually started walking more and proudly completed the Norwich Starlight Walk, covering 13 miles this year.' She has been so inspired by her own success that she opened a new Slimming World group on January 5.
The sessions are at the City Academy Norwich on Earlham Road, Norwich. For more information contact Mrs Emmens on 01603 449116 or 0794 1343819.