A Norwich super slimmer is set to inspire others in the city
A health care assistant from Norwich has been so inspired by her weight loss success that she is taking on an additional new career.
Tania Emmens of Keyes Road in Lakenham, has lost over four stone since February 2009 and spurred on by her improved health she now wants to help others in the Norwich area.
Mrs Emmens said: 'I am very excited. It's the best job to have if I can get someone to feel as good as I do. I am so proud of all the ladies I am helping. I don't have any men signed up yet but I am hoping they will soon.'
The 46-year-old had been overweight since her childhood and explained that she had very poor self esteem and low confidence around people she didn't know.
The final trigger came when she booked a holiday to go on a cruise. She said: 'I wanted to feel the belle of the ball on formal nights and I knew that I wouldn't unless I made some changes to lose weight.'
You may also want to watch:
After trying numerous diets over the years, she eventually joined Slimming World with a friend. 'I made changes to the way I cooked my food and have really enjoyed learning about new foods and recipes in group each week,' she said. 'I was recently crowned the group's 'Miss Slinky.''
Mrs Emmens has now reached her target weight, losing a total of four stone and five pounds. Her health has also significantly improved and she has not had an asthma attack this year.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
She said: 'As well as eating healthily the group encouraged me to become more active. I gradually started walking more and proudly completed the Norwich Starlight Walk, covering 13 miles this year.' She has been so inspired by her own success that she opened a new Slimming World group on January 5.
The sessions are at the City Academy Norwich on Earlham Road, Norwich. For more information contact Mrs Emmens on 01603 449116 or 0794 1343819.