A flash of inspiration as Norwich streets turn into a catwalk
The Norwich Fashion Week models took to the streets of Norwich on Saturday for a catwalk show with a difference.
Norwich city centre became a catwalk on Saturday as a parade of models strutted their stuff along the cobbles and paved streets.
The flash catwalk show was a preview of what is to come when Norwich Fashion Week opens in the city this Thursday.
The walk began at the Forum, where the launch fashion show is taking place on Thursday evening, and continued down to Jarrold and Norwich Lanes before heading towards London Street and The Mall. The walk continued up Timberhill and finished at John Lewis.
All of the models are part of the Norwich Fashion Week modelling team and will be taking to the catwalk at the launch show where one male and one female will be crowned the Face of Norwich Fashion Week.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing Norwich Fashion Week T-shirts, the models cruised the streets, posing outside boutiques, shops and businesses taking part in the week that celebrates local fashion.
Jayne Raffles, one of the organisers of Norwich Fashion Week, said: 'The flash catwalk through the city centre is a fantastic prelude to celebrate and showcase what extraordinary talent we have in Norwich.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
'This is the first time some of the models have been part of a fashion week and they are proving to be a real inspiration to other young people who may want to pursue a modelling career.
'It also shows the wealth of independent retailers and businesses, the many fashion high street stores and the up and coming talent from educational facilities such as City College Norwich that we have in the city.'
Anita Vadhir, organiser of the Norwich Fashion Week launch show, agrees: 'The catwalk through the city reminds us all of what a great independent and high street shopping offering there is in the city.
'It also highlights the career opportunities available in the fashion industry in Norwich from modelling and hairdressing through to the many roles in retail. Norwich Fashion Week is a great opportunity to see what our city has to offer.
'It's going to be the season for glamour and fashionista fun!'
Norwich Fashion Week begins this Thursday and finishes on Thursday, September 29 with a late-night shopping event in the city.
For more pictures of the flash catwalk see the Life Matters Facebook page by clicking the link at the top right of this page.