A&E extension at the N&N is welcome
- Credit: PA
We have a wonderful NHS. My wife has had exemplary treatment for any problems she has faced, such as a chest infection since Christmas, first at the East Norwich Medical Centre at Thorpe where she received regular monitoring and treatment from doctors and staff.
Her problems were compounded by a stroke and she received excellent treatment by the paramedics, the ambulance crew, A&E at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and in Acute Medical, Heydon and Dunston wards by all the staff whilst in their care.
She was a fighter and got slowly to the stage when was being seen by the speech and physiotherapists.
Unfortunately the strain was too much for her heart, despite all the support she received.
Even then the staff showed sympathy and gave comfort to the relatives.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst at the hospital I noted that A&E needed more space and at least one more doctor, so the announcement of a planned extension is welcome news.
John Wellings, Harvey Lane, Norwich.
- 1 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 4 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 5 'First class' - Couple's praise for service after life-changing stroke
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital