A&E extension at the N&N is welcome
- Credit: PA
We have a wonderful NHS. My wife has had exemplary treatment for any problems she has faced, such as a chest infection since Christmas, first at the East Norwich Medical Centre at Thorpe where she received regular monitoring and treatment from doctors and staff.
Her problems were compounded by a stroke and she received excellent treatment by the paramedics, the ambulance crew, A&E at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and in Acute Medical, Heydon and Dunston wards by all the staff whilst in their care.
She was a fighter and got slowly to the stage when was being seen by the speech and physiotherapists.
Unfortunately the strain was too much for her heart, despite all the support she received.
Even then the staff showed sympathy and gave comfort to the relatives.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst at the hospital I noted that A&E needed more space and at least one more doctor, so the announcement of a planned extension is welcome news.
John Wellings, Harvey Lane, Norwich.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse