A&E extension at the N&N is welcome
- Credit: PA
We have a wonderful NHS. My wife has had exemplary treatment for any problems she has faced, such as a chest infection since Christmas, first at the East Norwich Medical Centre at Thorpe where she received regular monitoring and treatment from doctors and staff.
Her problems were compounded by a stroke and she received excellent treatment by the paramedics, the ambulance crew, A&E at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and in Acute Medical, Heydon and Dunston wards by all the staff whilst in their care.
She was a fighter and got slowly to the stage when was being seen by the speech and physiotherapists.
Unfortunately the strain was too much for her heart, despite all the support she received.
Even then the staff showed sympathy and gave comfort to the relatives.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst at the hospital I noted that A&E needed more space and at least one more doctor, so the announcement of a planned extension is welcome news.
John Wellings, Harvey Lane, Norwich.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 3 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 6 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 7 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 8 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 9 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 10 What are your memories of Castle Quarter?