Charity event encourages visitors to explore the big city
- Credit: Archant
A parenting community is hosting A Big Day in the City in collaboration with a shopping centre to raise money for charity.
Norwich Mumbler will be joining forces with Castle Mall this Sunday to host the family event in the city's Castle Gardens.
The event, sponsored by Castle Mall and Cozens-Hardy Solicitors, will be packed full of local businesses offering class tasters, crafts, face painting and other family activities. The event will take place from 10am to 3pm.
The event is supporting the charity Finnbar's Force, which is where the money raised from the raffle and suggested donations from the bags will go, amongst other funds raised throughout the day.
The class tasters are expected to be busy and will include Mini Professors, Baby Sensory, Rugbytots, SESMA and Hartbeeps.
James D's Party Time will be at the event all day to do various activities and will finish the event with a party disco.
Gemma Hyde, marketing manager at Castle Mall, said: 'This local charity event is a great way to raise funds for a marvellous charity, while ensuring the focus is on having fun for the whole family and allowing local community groups and clubs to showcase themselves.
- 1 'I want to leave Norwich' - Mum's anger after school attack
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 4 Supermarket scraps car park plan over Riverside traffic fears
- 5 Norwich barbecue takeaway finally set to reopen
- 6 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 7 Anger after Sainsbury's driver smashes into tree
- 8 Norwich bank branch to close
- 9 Norwich Society's 'relief' over changes to Anglia Square plans
- 10 Car wash owner fined £1,500 for breaching Covid restrictions
'Finnbars Force touch so many lives in our region, so please come along and support the event.'
Other businesses attending are Tiny Soccerstars, Revolution Portraits, Developmental Dynamics Laboratory, High Altitude Trampoline Park and Little Land Soft Play.
Finnbars Force support and reduce suffering for children who receive the devastating diagnosis of a brain tumour, and their families.
Their main aims are to support children suffering from brain tumours and their families, to support and find research into childhood brain cancer and to raise awareness of the disease.
Katrin Oldridge, owner of the parenting community website, Norwich Mumbler, said: 'I have loved organising this fantastic, free event for families and I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together on the day.
'The Big Day in the City is the perfect excuse for parents to meet-up and have fun with their little ones, whilst enjoying the activities great local family-friendly businesses have on offer.'
For more information on Finnbars Force, visit www.finnbarsforce.co.uk