73-year-old woman pedestrian died after being struck by car in Costessey
An inquest has been opened into the death of a 73-year-old woman who died after she was struck by a car in Dereham Road, Costessey last week.
Cynthia Anderson, who was using a walking frame to cross the road, was hit by a blue Hyundai i30, which was travelling along Dereham Road towards Longwater Lane.
The incident happened close to the junction with Richmond Road, at about 8.30pm on Wednesday, November 23.
Mrs Anderson, from Barley Court, Beechcroft in Costessey, received serious injuries as a result of the collision and died late the next day in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest in Norwich on Wednesday heard that Mrs Anderson's six daughters were at her beside in hospital when she died. A post mortem examination was carried out and the cause of death was given as multiple injuries due to a road traffic collision.
The inquest was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 8 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 9 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 10 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the actions of either the car or the pedestrian prior to the incident, should contact SCIT on 101. In particular they would like to hear from an off-duty nurse who helped at the scene.
Would you like to pay tribute to Mrs Anderson in The Evening News? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.