73-year-old woman pedestrian died after being struck by car in Costessey
An inquest has been opened into the death of a 73-year-old woman who died after she was struck by a car in Dereham Road, Costessey last week.
Cynthia Anderson, who was using a walking frame to cross the road, was hit by a blue Hyundai i30, which was travelling along Dereham Road towards Longwater Lane.
The incident happened close to the junction with Richmond Road, at about 8.30pm on Wednesday, November 23.
Mrs Anderson, from Barley Court, Beechcroft in Costessey, received serious injuries as a result of the collision and died late the next day in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
An inquest in Norwich on Wednesday heard that Mrs Anderson's six daughters were at her beside in hospital when she died. A post mortem examination was carried out and the cause of death was given as multiple injuries due to a road traffic collision.
The inquest was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 5 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 8 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 9 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 10 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the actions of either the car or the pedestrian prior to the incident, should contact SCIT on 101. In particular they would like to hear from an off-duty nurse who helped at the scene.
Would you like to pay tribute to Mrs Anderson in The Evening News? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.