50 Shades of Mustard - photography competition for adults at risk of homelessness
- Credit: Archant
A yellow and red rowing boat cut the mustard to come top of a photography competition organised by a group which works with vulnerable adults at risk of homelessness.
The Under 1 Roof Training and Development Centre in Westwick Street, Norwich, organised the 50 Shades of Mustard contest to run alongside a photography class.
The centre is owned and run by the St Martin's Housing Trust, and the competition was part of its Fair Weather Learning and Performance Festival, which will be held in October and aims to exhibit the talent of the centre's members.
The competition set participants the challenge of creating images about the colour mustard, the condiment itself, or its history in Norwich, and the photos were displayed at Mustard Coffee Bar in the city.
Danny won first prize – a mentor session with Julia Holland Photography and a Smiley Hippo Photobook – while second and third prizes were a Smiley Hippo photo book and a hamper from the coffee shop which went to David and Emily.
You may also want to watch:
Centre co-ordinator Fiona Joyce said: 'The support from these local businesses has been fantastic and makes all the difference to a centre like ours. The contacts also help our members build networks in the local community.'
Have you got a story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death