People had to be evacuated from a city centre pub following a suspected gas leak. 

Fire crews were called to The Lamb Inn in Norwich at about 10.10pm on Friday. 

James Lemon who was at the pub at the time, said: "We were with a group of friends when we heard the announcement. 

"Everyone panicked and ran to the door. There was a strong smell of gas and we did feel a bit light headed.

"One lady fell over getting out but was unhurt."

A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to a suspected gas leak, but it turned out to be a false alarm.