�200,000 invested in Heartsease pub in Plumstead Road, Norwich
A well-known Norwich pub has closed its doors for a �200,000 investment to convert it into a John Barras pub, a brand from Spirit Pub Company.
The internal and external refurbishment at the Heartsease, in Plumstead Road, aims to create a pub that will welcome back the whole community with live Sky Sports and food served every day.
The transformation will also create 14 new jobs.
New managers Michael Breame and Rebecca Barker will take over when the pub re-opens on Saturday, October 20.
Leigh Davies, operations manager at Spirit Pub Company, which owns the pub and has undertaken the investment, said: 'This will be a fantastic community pub with a warm and friendly environment and something going on every day.'
You may also want to watch:
As reported, another historic Norwich pub was converted into a John Barras pub earlier this year. The Woolpack, in Golden Ball Street, reopened in May, after a �200,000 make-over which also restored its familiar sign. The Woolpack was given a new bar, furniture and decor. Inside, amid the modern new furnishings, a collection of five plaster reliefs showing colourful scenes from the city's medieval wool trade were moved from behind the bar to a new display on a side wall. The works, by Norwich-based artist John Moray-Smith, were initially scheduled to be removed, but were retained following an appeal by pub staff and the Norwich Society.
Meanwhile, another historic Norwich pub, the Edith Cavell in Tombland, reopened this week as Cavell's, after being closed for about 18 months.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 7 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal
Tell us what's happening at your local? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com