15 signs you grew up in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2009
Pizza One Pancakes Too, Peppermint Park and the high board at St Augstine's swimming pool – a few of the things you'll remember if you grew up in the fine city in a certain era.
1. You're still terrified of the high board at St Augustine's Swimming Pool, even though it's long gone.
2. Being taken for tea at Pizza One Pancakes Too in Tombland was the ultimate treat.
3. You can remember the amazing smell of chocolate over the city from the Rowntree's factory.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 3 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 7 Fire crews attend commercial building blaze near Norwich
- 8 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
4. You remember when John Lewis was called Bonds - and sometimes you still call it Bonds.
5. You borrowed books from the old Central Library.
6. You remember the fountain that was outside C&A on Hay Hill, which was occasionally filled with washing up liquid and would pour bubbles everywhere.
7. You remember Marigold directing the traffic.
8. You would go clubbing at Hy's (famous for its plate glass dance floor and girl of the week competition), Ritzy's, Peppermint Park or Rick's Place.
9. Saturdays were spent shopping at Head in the Clouds, Beaujangles and St Benedict's Indoor Market.
10. You say you're going 'up the city' when off shopping.
11. You remember McDonalds at Westlegate Tower and Wimpy on Rampant Horse Street.
12. The Puppet Man is your number one music act.
13. You got terrified in the dungeon on a school trip to the castle - and by the stuffed tiger.
14. You had the 99p Mr Men menu at the Beefeater on Cromer Road.
15. You remember Helen McDermott and BC and Patrick's Pantry on Anglia TV.