10 things for families to enjoy for free this summer
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Norwich community parks and attractions are hosting a variety of summer holiday activities for families and children. Here is a selection of free activities taking place across the city.
1. Waterloo Park and Jenny Lind Park are hosting theatre shows for children every Friday from August 4 until August 25 at 11am and 3pm. Visit www.norwich.gov.uk
2. Nature lovers can learn about trees as well as admire outdoor sculptures within the 70-acre Catton Park. To download a trail map visit www.cattonpark.com3. Children and adults can enjoy a teddy bear's picnic at Whitlingham Park on August 16 from 11am-2pm. The event also includes crafts, activities and a teddy bear trail.
4. Families can take part in a quiz trail, butterfly identification and craft activities at Eaton Park for Butterfly Day on August 6, from 11am-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
5. Woodland crafts will be on offer at Whitlingham Park during its woodland activity day on August 23, from 11am-3pm. Participants will be able to explore the woods.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
6. A Costessey Summer Fun Day for families is happening at the Costessey SureStart Children's Centre on August 4, from 10am-11.30am. Open to all ages.
7. Families can join in the fun for the Grand Norwich Duck Race on August 27, from noon-5pm. The race happens between St George's Bridge and St Fye's Bridge at 2pm.
8. Parks and community centres across Norwich are hosting play days, featuring crafts and magic, until August 24, from 11am-2pm. Visit www.norwich.gov.uk9. Bandstand concerts will be happening in Eaton Park, Waterloo Park and Chapelfield Gardens on August 6, 13, 20 and 27, from 3-5pm.
10. Children and parents can join characters from classic books at the Castle Mall for its Kastle Kids Club - running until September 3. Visit www.castlemallnorwich.co.uk