10 things for families to enjoy for free this summer
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Norwich community parks and attractions are hosting a variety of summer holiday activities for families and children. Here is a selection of free activities taking place across the city.
1. Waterloo Park and Jenny Lind Park are hosting theatre shows for children every Friday from August 4 until August 25 at 11am and 3pm. Visit www.norwich.gov.uk
2. Nature lovers can learn about trees as well as admire outdoor sculptures within the 70-acre Catton Park. To download a trail map visit www.cattonpark.com3. Children and adults can enjoy a teddy bear's picnic at Whitlingham Park on August 16 from 11am-2pm. The event also includes crafts, activities and a teddy bear trail.
4. Families can take part in a quiz trail, butterfly identification and craft activities at Eaton Park for Butterfly Day on August 6, from 11am-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
5. Woodland crafts will be on offer at Whitlingham Park during its woodland activity day on August 23, from 11am-3pm. Participants will be able to explore the woods.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 5 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 6 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 7 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 8 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 9 Man who took baby from Norfolk hospital to be sentenced
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
6. A Costessey Summer Fun Day for families is happening at the Costessey SureStart Children's Centre on August 4, from 10am-11.30am. Open to all ages.
7. Families can join in the fun for the Grand Norwich Duck Race on August 27, from noon-5pm. The race happens between St George's Bridge and St Fye's Bridge at 2pm.
8. Parks and community centres across Norwich are hosting play days, featuring crafts and magic, until August 24, from 11am-2pm. Visit www.norwich.gov.uk9. Bandstand concerts will be happening in Eaton Park, Waterloo Park and Chapelfield Gardens on August 6, 13, 20 and 27, from 3-5pm.
10. Children and parents can join characters from classic books at the Castle Mall for its Kastle Kids Club - running until September 3. Visit www.castlemallnorwich.co.uk