10 things for families to enjoy for free this summer
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Norwich community parks and attractions are hosting a variety of summer holiday activities for families and children. Here is a selection of free activities taking place across the city.
1. Waterloo Park and Jenny Lind Park are hosting theatre shows for children every Friday from August 4 until August 25 at 11am and 3pm. Visit www.norwich.gov.uk
2. Nature lovers can learn about trees as well as admire outdoor sculptures within the 70-acre Catton Park. To download a trail map visit www.cattonpark.com3. Children and adults can enjoy a teddy bear's picnic at Whitlingham Park on August 16 from 11am-2pm. The event also includes crafts, activities and a teddy bear trail.
4. Families can take part in a quiz trail, butterfly identification and craft activities at Eaton Park for Butterfly Day on August 6, from 11am-3pm.
5. Woodland crafts will be on offer at Whitlingham Park during its woodland activity day on August 23, from 11am-3pm. Participants will be able to explore the woods.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 3 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 4 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 5 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 6 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
- 9 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 10 First look inside five-acre bug zoo - and you can take a creepy crawly home
6. A Costessey Summer Fun Day for families is happening at the Costessey SureStart Children's Centre on August 4, from 10am-11.30am. Open to all ages.
7. Families can join in the fun for the Grand Norwich Duck Race on August 27, from noon-5pm. The race happens between St George's Bridge and St Fye's Bridge at 2pm.
8. Parks and community centres across Norwich are hosting play days, featuring crafts and magic, until August 24, from 11am-2pm. Visit www.norwich.gov.uk9. Bandstand concerts will be happening in Eaton Park, Waterloo Park and Chapelfield Gardens on August 6, 13, 20 and 27, from 3-5pm.
10. Children and parents can join characters from classic books at the Castle Mall for its Kastle Kids Club - running until September 3. Visit www.castlemallnorwich.co.uk