10 questions with... YouTube star Jack Dean
- Credit: Jack Dean
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with YouTube presenter Jack Dean, known online as JaackMaate.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Often incredibly underrated.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Ricky Gervais for his entertainment value and sharp wit, Margot Robbie because she is simply Margot Robbie and Donald Trump so that I wouldn't feel guilty if I had to eat a human in order to survive. (I use the term human loosely)
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be any other person who would you be?
I've recently really gotten into American football and after the Patriot's incredible Super Bowl victory the other night I wouldn't mind being Tom Brady for a bit. I reckon that'd probably be pretty good.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 9 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I'd like to think of an answer that implies I am intelligent, audacious and spontaneous such as a long walk through the Norfolk broads, or a tour of the Castle museum. But in reality a drunken night at The Waterfront listening to the same Propaganda playlist as the previous 51 weekends is perfect for me.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Please see above answer.
• What's your mantra in life?
It's a huge cliché but I would say that by saying 'yes' to almost every opportunity that comes my way has allowed me to experience a lot of things I really never could have dreamt of.
• What's your biggest fear?
• Which song defines your life?
Ronan Keating - life is a rollerc... no I'm joking, of course. I don't really have one, off the top of my head I quite like the words in Macklemore's 10,000 hours. I also have Ben Howard's 'keep your head up, keep your heart strong, keep your mind set' tattooed across my chest. (We were all 16 once, let me off!)
• What one thing could you never be without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Top up the milk as I've just run out, have a cup of tea, then probably head out to Vegas to waste a bit of it.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org