10 questions with... Will Irvine, lead singer of Hunter & The Bear
- Credit: Pomona
Each week we put someone in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Will Irvine, from the band Hunter & The Bear who will be performing at The Waterfront Studio in Norwich on November 30.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Best chippies ever.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three other people, who would you want them to be?
Jimmy, Gareth and Clarky from the band so we could make instruments from trees and spend our days jamming in the sun.
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
That's a strange one. I don't like the idea of people wanting to actually be somebody else. Emulating someone or being inspired by someone is one thing but I'm quite happy in my own skin for now. Alternatively, I could be Donald Trump for a day and jump off a large cliff.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 6 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I don't know Norwich very well but my first stop would be a massive chippy in one of your fine establishments. That'd be followed by an evening stroll around town sampling the epic array of pubs that you've got whilst we mingle with some Norwich locals. After a few scoops, we'd be off to watch some live music which is always the best way to round of a great day. Sleep and repeat.
• What's your mantra in life?
Treat others as you would wish to be treated.
• Which song defines your life?
Its impossible to pick one song! There's been so many albums by so many amazing artists that've been with me through the years as I was growing up. My parents brought me up on a diet of older rock like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd etc which has definitely stuck with me through everything. I'm now a huge fan of more modern rock bands like Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys etc. I think those influences shine through in our music. You could pick any song from any of those artists and it would define a certain part of my life.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Definitely out in the city. Don't get me wrong, I love a good film but TV in general is awful these days. Mon the sesh!
• What's your biggest fear?
I have a pretty serious fear of flying. It doesn't stop me from going places but I'm a different person from the moment we take off until we're safe on the runway of the next airport. Racing heart, sweaty palms etc. One day I'll travel strictly by boat.. That'd be epic.
• What one thing could you never be without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Firstly, I'd give my family and close friends a bunch of cash so nobody had to worry about struggling. Also, it would free them up to hang out more! I'd give a sizeable chunk to a few charities so that I didn't feel like a terrible person. With the rest, I'd spend my time touring the world like a boss with the boys. I'd buy a lifetime supply of warm lager for Clarky. That'd be him set forever. Loves it.
• Would you like to take part in this feature? Email email@example.com