10 questions with... up and coming music star Finn Doherty
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Access to Music student, Finn Doherty, who is headlining the Inbetweeners Stage at the Latitude Festival on Friday, July 14.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Lovely little city.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Captain Jack Sparrow as he's pretty good at getting off desert islands, Bear Grylls to keep me alive and Peter Griffin to provide entertainment, although he'd probably start annoying me after like 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day cos I've wanted to be him since I was 10 and I can't get over the fact that I never will be.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I'd probably play a gig, that's usually fun, then get some pizza from Amaretto deli, then go to Playhouse. On Sunday I'd do some charity shopping or something.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
It would depend what was on the telly, but I'd probably spend a night in the city so I could hang out with people rather than just be alone and eat too much food.
• What's your mantra in life?
Weetabix = a healthy diet.
• Which song defines your life?
This is a very hard question and there's probably a few but Figure It Out by Royal Blood comes to mind.
'Nothing here to see, just a kid like me, trying to cuss and see, trying to figure it out.'
• What's your biggest fear?
Having no snacks at home. I'm pretty terrified of running out of bagels or having no milk.
• What one thing could you never be without?
Easy answer, my guitar.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Probably give a lot to family, charity and then spend the rest on music gear that I don't really need. It'd probably all be gone after a week.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com