10 questions with... the Lord Mayor of Norwich
- Credit: Steve Adams
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Marion Maxwell, The Lord Mayor of Norwich.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Welcoming, historical, cultural.
• If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
Meatloaf (he'd be entertaining), Tony Benn and Hilary Clinton.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be any other person, who would it be?
I like being me, but if I had to be someone else it would probably be Elizabeth I.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in the city?
I would start the weekend by going to Britannia Cafe for breakfast, then wander around the Castle Museum. For lunch I'd take a picnic to Chapelfield Gardens before entertaining people in the Mayor's parlour and showing them round City Hall. I'd finish the weekend by having dinner in one of the city's many wonderful restaurants and spend an evening at the theatre.
• What's your mantra in life?
Grab hold of every opportunity with both hands.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or out on the town?
I love a night out at the theatre.
• Which song defines your life?
Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive'
• What's your biggest fear?
I worry about inadvertently upsetting people.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'd have a very big party!
• Would you like to take part in this weekly feature? Email email@example.com