10 questions with... the Lord Mayor of Norwich
- Credit: Steve Adams
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Marion Maxwell, The Lord Mayor of Norwich.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Welcoming, historical, cultural.
• If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
Meatloaf (he'd be entertaining), Tony Benn and Hilary Clinton.
• If you could be any other person, who would it be?
I like being me, but if I had to be someone else it would probably be Elizabeth I.
- 1 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 6 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 7 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 8 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 9 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 10 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in the city?
I would start the weekend by going to Britannia Cafe for breakfast, then wander around the Castle Museum. For lunch I'd take a picnic to Chapelfield Gardens before entertaining people in the Mayor's parlour and showing them round City Hall. I'd finish the weekend by having dinner in one of the city's many wonderful restaurants and spend an evening at the theatre.
• What's your mantra in life?
Grab hold of every opportunity with both hands.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or out on the town?
I love a night out at the theatre.
• Which song defines your life?
Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive'
• What's your biggest fear?
I worry about inadvertently upsetting people.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'd have a very big party!
• Would you like to take part in this weekly feature? Email email@example.com