10 questions with... Soprano singer Hayley Moss
- Credit: Steve Adams
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke to local soprano singer, Hayley Moss, who caused a stir online after a video of her busking in the city went viral.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Full of history!
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people who would you want them to be?
My fiancé, my son and of course Bear Grylls. We would need his knowledge to survive (although my fiancé would disagree!)
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Ohh there's so many! If I could be someone for the day though I would probably be my son Elliot just so that I can show him what life really is all about and to make him see that he really can achieve anything he wants to in life. Knowing what I now know in life I would do things differently as a child and I would certainly show Elliot and guide him down the right path. It would also be useful to know what he really has been up to when he tells me he's been good in school.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 7 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
My idea of the perfect weekend in Norwich would be to firstly grab a Morrisons breakfast. Their breakfast is without a doubt the best and will get me ready for the day. I'd then plan on visiting the cathedral and discovering some of the other historic places that Norwich has to offer. On Sunday, I think a river trip would also be ideal with a picnic and then after a while I'd moor up at a riverside pub for a few cheeky drinks. A bit of retail therapy in Norwich city centre is a must also.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
I am a bit of a bore and I love nothing more than putting my feet up with a bottle of beer watching a film. I love to escape reality at times and I find being at home with my feet up helps me relax. I'm normally half asleep before 10pm!
• What's your mantra in life?
You are in control of your own destiny so live your life to the full doing what you love to do. The biggest regret in life is living with regret.
• What song defines your life?
I want to break free by Queen. I often feel that I want to break free from normality and to achieve the impossible. I am great with talking but sometimes lack the umph to just get up and do it although I often feel that there are more things that I want to do and achieve in my life. It's the fear of the unknown and the what if it doesn't work out that sometimes holds me back and I would love to be that person that just goes ahead and does it anyway no matter the outcome. The singing has helped me gain more confidence over the years but I know there's a lot more to me that I still hold back quite a bit.
• What's your biggest fear?
Wasps and hornets! They are the work of the devil and I feel sick with fear if I know one is close by. I usually do the typical wasp dance in the summer when they get too close.
• What one thing could you never be without?
Easiest question of all, my family of course.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'd buy an island and live there with my family and escape everything - and have Bear Grylls there to give us a helping hand in emergencies.
• Hayley's new album Covers is available to download now. Visit hayleymoss-soprano.co.ukIf you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com