10 questions with... Richard Leavey
- Credit: Norwich Theatre Royal
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with actor and dancer, Richard Leavey who is currently appearing on stage at Norwich Theatre Royal in La Cage Aux Folles.
• Why are you here in Norwich?
I am here as part of a UK tour doing a wonderful show with a very important message called La Cage Aux Folles. It's a very fabulous, funny and moving piece of musical theatre.
• Describe Norwich in 3 words...
Friendly. Picturesque. Special.
You may also want to watch:
• What do you like most about coming to Norwich?
Firstly, what I like about coming to Norwich is seeing all the wonderful staff and crew at the Theatre Royal. They're like family to me and that makes work a lot of fun. They're a loyal group of people that always welcome me back with open arms and it makes life an absolute joy. Other than that, I love coming to Norwich because it feels like home and even if I have nothing to do, I'll always find a new little back street full of wonderful shops and places to eat. There is a surprise at every corner here.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
• If you were stuck on a deserted island with 3 people, who would you want them to be?
Easy. My best friend in the whole world, Bear Grylls for obvious reasons and Sarah Millican because she makes me howl with laughter.
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
A perfect weekend in Norwich would start with a lovely walk with a friend exploring all the charity and vintage stores, then a roast in my favourite little restaurant before heading to the pictures. I love the cinema in Norwich; it's possibly the only time I ever go to the movies. After that, I would meet up with a group of friends from the theatre at the Coach and Horses for a few drinks. Perfect!
• If you could be anyone else real or fictional who would it be?
Mariah Carey hands down. She is the most fabulous woman in the world. She jumps off yachts in gowns and diamonds just because she can. I'd totally love to experience her lifestyle if only for a few days.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
I think it's nice to have a balance. I love going out in Norwich but I also like my rest time. Doing so many shows each week is very hard on the body so therefore I must get my rest when needed but I have been known to end up dancing the night away on Prince of Wales Road. I'm sure I'll find time to have a few drinks at the Catherine Wheel during my stay.
• What one thing could you never be without?
Music. I can't function without my iPod and good headphones.
• Where's your favourite place in the city?
Norwich Cathedral, the sight of it is breathtaking! I'm obsessed with all of the cathedrals and churches Norwich has to offer to be honest. I've never seen so many in one city.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would help my family and friends out with any financial problems they might have. I've never been to Bali or the Maldives so I would love to travel more. I would then use it as a platform to better myself and work even harder. I'd love to own my own recording studio or theatre company. I suppose having that much money could open a lot of doors but for now we should all be very grateful for what we already have. Money or no money, laughter and love do not cost a penny.
• If you would like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com