10 questions with... Norwich in Bloom’s Terry Bane
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Terry Bane, an Ambassador for Norwich in Bloom.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Bloomin bootiful city.
• If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
The most able people who would help me survive until we were rescued – Bear Grylls, Ray Mears and Robinson Crusoe!
• If you could be any other person, who would it be?
Happy to be who I am but I would have liked to have a better voice for public speaking like newsreader Trevor McDonald.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 4 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 5 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 6 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 7 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 9 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 10 City's car parks FINALLY go cashless
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in the city?
I'd start with breakfast at The Assembly House, have peas and chips on the Market for lunch, afternoon tea at The Assembly House and then dinner in the evening at Rita's. I'd spend Sunday looking at all the beautiful hanging baskets at The Assembly House and The Adam and Eve and then I'd walk off the meals from the day before with a stroll along riverside walk before visiting some of the many historic buildings of Norwich.
• What's your mantra in life?
Enjoy life and smile every day.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or out on the town?
I do enjoy a good historical Sword and Sandals epic either on the big screen or telly.
• Which song defines your life?
Pharrell Williams - Happy
• What's your biggest fear?
Forgetting something that I should be remembering and/or doing.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
• If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Anonymously help others as best I can.
• Would you like to take part in this weekly feature? Email email@example.com