10 Questions with... Norwich City Council Leader Alan Waters
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves and the fine city. This week we've spoken with Councillor Alan Waters.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Progressive, ambitious and vibrant.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Australian entertainer Barry Humphries, US comedienne and mental health campaigner Ruby Wax and Scottish violinist Nicola Benedetti.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
Aneurin Bevan, founder of the National Health Service.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 8 Norwich man wanted by police
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in the city?
I'd have a leisurely breakfast at one of my favourite cafes and then cycle our pedalway across the university to visit the Sainsbury Centre. I also love to play tennis at Heigham Park, so I'd try to fit in a game. To complete a perfect weekend in Norwich, I'd get some books out of the library, take in a film at Cinema City and have a quiet walk on Mousehold Heath to contemplate the week ahead.
• What's your mantra in life?
Everyone deserves a decent life - which is why I'm in politics.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the television or one on the town?
As a council leader I am busy socially, so a night in front of the telly is good relaxation, especially if it's a Scandinavian thriller.
• Which song defines your life?
Elected by Alice Cooper.
• What's your biggest fear?
Endless Conservative government!
• What one thing could you never live without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'd keep a little for myself and give the rest away as I believe having too much money is a bad thing.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature email email@example.com