10 Questions with... Norwich City Council Leader Alan Waters
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves and the fine city. This week we've spoken with Councillor Alan Waters.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Progressive, ambitious and vibrant.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Australian entertainer Barry Humphries, US comedienne and mental health campaigner Ruby Wax and Scottish violinist Nicola Benedetti.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
Aneurin Bevan, founder of the National Health Service.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in the city?
I'd have a leisurely breakfast at one of my favourite cafes and then cycle our pedalway across the university to visit the Sainsbury Centre. I also love to play tennis at Heigham Park, so I'd try to fit in a game. To complete a perfect weekend in Norwich, I'd get some books out of the library, take in a film at Cinema City and have a quiet walk on Mousehold Heath to contemplate the week ahead.
• What's your mantra in life?
Everyone deserves a decent life - which is why I'm in politics.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the television or one on the town?
As a council leader I am busy socially, so a night in front of the telly is good relaxation, especially if it's a Scandinavian thriller.
• Which song defines your life?
Elected by Alice Cooper.
• What's your biggest fear?
Endless Conservative government!
• What one thing could you never live without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'd keep a little for myself and give the rest away as I believe having too much money is a bad thing.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature email email@example.com