10 questions with local actor Matt Long
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with local actor and founder of Bulldog Films, Matt Long.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Beautiful, cultural city.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people who would you want them to be?
Bear Grylls so I'd survive for more than five minutes, Micky Flanagan so I had someone to make me laugh, we'd go 'out out' to the bamboo bar that Bear Grylls has built and then finally Scarlett Johansson so I had someone nice to look at and talk to when the monotony of staring at sand has kicked in. For the record if I do ever meet Scarlett on a film and this article comes back to haunt me, I'm a big fan.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Batman. When I dressed as The Dark Knight to raise money for Children in Need it was like being five years old again. I recently met Lego Batman at Lego Land. I found myself more excited than my two small children at the chance of a photo with him.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 10 Police investigating ABH after fight off Prince of Wales Road
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I'd start the weekend with a good workout at The Gym then spend some time with family and friends, which I try to do as much as possible in the rare event that I get a break from film work nowadays. In the evening I'd head out for a meal at my favourite Indian Restaurant The Merchants of Spice at Colegate, the food there is amazing. After that I'd venture into the City for drinking and dancing at Club VuDu and Revolution De Cuba. The next day would be hangover free if its the perfect weekend and an epic roast dinner would be on standby.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I just want to chill out in front of a movie but if things have been full on I sometimes need to blow off some steam, let my hair down (virtual hair in this sense) and party in the City.
• What's your biggest fear?
Spiders. I've played a few action roles fighting tough villains in hand to hand combat, I'd happily do crazy stunts but you stick a tarantula near me and I'm gone... Hey Indiana Jones hated snakes.
• What's your mantra in life?
If the plan doesn't work, change the plan - but never the goal.
• Which song defines your life?
Good question and the answer varies as years move on. At the moment it's We Don't Run by Bon Jovi as I work hard, never quit and don't run away from a challenge.
• What one thing could you never be without?
Sadly at the moment it's my mobile phone. As technology has moved on over the years it is now an essential piece of kit as a writer, actor and producer. I sometimes wake up at 3am with a great idea for a film and end up grabbing the phone to write it down before I forget. Gone are the days of sitting there playing Snake on an old Nokia mobile phone the size of a brick.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'm very old school. I'd look after my family and friends. I know who has stuck beside me during difficult times and they would be looked after.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature email firstname.lastname@example.org