10 questions with... Lee Ratcliffe
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Lee Ratcliffe, who runs a popular music night in the city.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Welcoming, safe and beautiful.
• If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
I'm a keen art fan/collector so would love to spend some time with my favourite artist - KAWS, purely so he would become my new best friend and I could blag some free art to expand my current collection, my wife because she would keep me calm and can knock up a meal from anything in mere minutes, and David Attenborough, as he would be able to identify everything on the island and keep us entertained.
• If you could be any other person who would it be?
Seth Troxler, because travelling the world DJ'ing is a dream of mine and I love that he doesn't take life too seriously.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 6 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 9 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Saturday I would spend with my wife and kids taking our dog Chester out for a morning walk down Mousehold, and then we'd grab some lunch at Warwick St Social and do a bit of shopping in the city. In the evening I'd go to Gonzos Tea Room to meet up with my business partners Dill, Stu and Alex to host one of our YAYA house music events until the early hours. Sunday would be more relaxed and spent having breakfast at home with the family, walking to Waterloo Park to have a picnic and then walk back and have a beer outside in the sun at our local, The Brewery Tap, followed by a home cooked roast dinner and some fine wine.
• What's your mantra in life?
Life's not a rehearsal.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night on the town?
Definitely on the town as I'm not a big TV fan! There's too much great stuff going on elsewhere to just sit indoors watching TV.
• Which song defines your life?
Sebastien Tellier 'la ritournelle' - As this song could refer to people in my life as well as my passions too.
• What's your biggest fear?
• Which one thing could you never be without?
Friends and family.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'd work on a major expansion for my clothing label HOUSIK and record label YAYA Records and take my friends and family on an amazing holiday.
• If you'd like to take part in 10 questions next week, email firstname.lastname@example.org