10 questions with... Lee Ratcliffe
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Lee Ratcliffe, who runs a popular music night in the city.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Welcoming, safe and beautiful.
• If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
I'm a keen art fan/collector so would love to spend some time with my favourite artist - KAWS, purely so he would become my new best friend and I could blag some free art to expand my current collection, my wife because she would keep me calm and can knock up a meal from anything in mere minutes, and David Attenborough, as he would be able to identify everything on the island and keep us entertained.
• If you could be any other person who would it be?
Seth Troxler, because travelling the world DJ'ing is a dream of mine and I love that he doesn't take life too seriously.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 5 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 6 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 7 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 8 Can you spot yourself in these photos of Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre 2022?
- 9 Norfolk areas with the most and fewest Covid deaths in 2020 and 2021
- 10 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Saturday I would spend with my wife and kids taking our dog Chester out for a morning walk down Mousehold, and then we'd grab some lunch at Warwick St Social and do a bit of shopping in the city. In the evening I'd go to Gonzos Tea Room to meet up with my business partners Dill, Stu and Alex to host one of our YAYA house music events until the early hours. Sunday would be more relaxed and spent having breakfast at home with the family, walking to Waterloo Park to have a picnic and then walk back and have a beer outside in the sun at our local, The Brewery Tap, followed by a home cooked roast dinner and some fine wine.
• What's your mantra in life?
Life's not a rehearsal.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night on the town?
Definitely on the town as I'm not a big TV fan! There's too much great stuff going on elsewhere to just sit indoors watching TV.
• Which song defines your life?
Sebastien Tellier 'la ritournelle' - As this song could refer to people in my life as well as my passions too.
• What's your biggest fear?
• Which one thing could you never be without?
Friends and family.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I'd work on a major expansion for my clothing label HOUSIK and record label YAYA Records and take my friends and family on an amazing holiday.
• If you'd like to take part in 10 questions next week, email firstname.lastname@example.org