10 questions with... Julie Bishop
- Credit: Photo supplied by Julie Bishop
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Julie bishop, founder of careers website Jobhop.co.uk
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Historical, friendly, stunning.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Bear Grylls, Ray Mears and Rick Stein.
You may also want to watch:
Bear and Ray can compete to catch the best fish, Rick could cook it and I'll just sunbathe.
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
Hermione Granger because she gets to go to a cool school, play with magic and doesn't suffer fools.
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
My perfect weekend would involve a walk around Whitlingham lake with my dog Josie and a meal with my family at The Wilderbeest in Stoke Holy Cross.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
It would have to be in front of the telly, cuddled on the couch with my dog with Netflix on.
• What's your mantra in life?
The grass is always greener where you water it!
• Which song defines your life?
I was once told that the song that sums me up is Shiny Happy People by R.E.M so lets go with that. I've never checked the lyrics though so I hope they're ok!
• What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is crossing the Dartford Bridge, I just can't do it. The last time I tried to drive over it I nearly passed out when i reached half way. So now I drive the long way round to avoid it.
• What one thing could you never be without?
I could never be without my son, he's my best friend. I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself once he goes to university!
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
If I won the lottery I would be really confused because I never do the lottery. If however, no-one questioned how I managed to get hold of a winning ticket I would open a Digital Skills Academy and get as many people as possible trained up for tommorrow's jobs. Currently we have a massive digital skills gap in the UK and something urgently needs to be done. If I had anything left over I'd organise a giant space hopper race through Norwich to celebrate.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com