10 questions with... Julie Bishop
- Credit: Photo supplied by Julie Bishop
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Julie bishop, founder of careers website Jobhop.co.uk
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Historical, friendly, stunning.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Bear Grylls, Ray Mears and Rick Stein.
Bear and Ray can compete to catch the best fish, Rick could cook it and I'll just sunbathe.
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 8 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
Hermione Granger because she gets to go to a cool school, play with magic and doesn't suffer fools.
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
My perfect weekend would involve a walk around Whitlingham lake with my dog Josie and a meal with my family at The Wilderbeest in Stoke Holy Cross.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
It would have to be in front of the telly, cuddled on the couch with my dog with Netflix on.
• What's your mantra in life?
The grass is always greener where you water it!
• Which song defines your life?
I was once told that the song that sums me up is Shiny Happy People by R.E.M so lets go with that. I've never checked the lyrics though so I hope they're ok!
• What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is crossing the Dartford Bridge, I just can't do it. The last time I tried to drive over it I nearly passed out when i reached half way. So now I drive the long way round to avoid it.
• What one thing could you never be without?
I could never be without my son, he's my best friend. I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself once he goes to university!
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
If I won the lottery I would be really confused because I never do the lottery. If however, no-one questioned how I managed to get hold of a winning ticket I would open a Digital Skills Academy and get as many people as possible trained up for tommorrow's jobs. Currently we have a massive digital skills gap in the UK and something urgently needs to be done. If I had anything left over I'd organise a giant space hopper race through Norwich to celebrate.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com