10 questions with... Artisan Pastry Chef, Joaquim Teles
- Credit: ana teles
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about tehmselves. This week we spoke with Artisan Pastry Chef, Joaquim Teles.
1 Describe Norwich in three words…
It's impossible to describe it in only three! The words I would use are multi-cultural, welcoming, beautiful, serene and safe.
2 If you were stranded on a desert island, which three people would you want to be stuck there with?
My children and my wife.
You may also want to watch:
3 If you could be anyone else who would you be?
I would love to be the Portuguese Ambassador in Norwich, with the responsibility for our speciality: Pasteis de Nata. It's a world heritage and I have seen it being baked and sold wrongly.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 8 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
4 How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I'd visit the cathedral another monument or just a walk in the city admiring its architecture. I'd stop by the market to appreciate the amazing food and try some new food places. Sunday would be spent relaxing by the river or going to one of the amazing parks in the city, followed by dinner in one of my favourite pubs.
5 What's your mantra in life?
Humbleness, loyalty and honesty.
6 Which song defines your life?
Either Getting Away With It All and Sit Down. by James.
7 Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
It depends. If it's a busy weekend full of markets or food festivals, I'd rather stay at home with my wife and chill. If it's not, then off to the city - so many interesting things to do and see!
8 What's your biggest fear?
9 What one thing could you never live without?
My health (and cakes).
10 What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would split an exact amount between my children so their future would be secured, then buy a nice villa and make my dream of opening a patisserie in Norwich come true.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com