10 questions with... Jake Gower from Jakey Le Bakey
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with chef, Jake Gower, from Jakey Le Bakey on Norwich Market.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
As a relative newbie to the city this is quite hard, but the words I would use are surprising, foodie and peaceful.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three others, who would you want them to be?
My partner (I have to say that) and I'd replace the other two people with dogs.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
The groundskeeper at Hogwarts.
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
• How would you spend a perfect day in Norwich?
I'd start with a nice breakfast and then go for a walk, stopping along the way for several drinks at the many, many pubs Norwihc has to offer. I'd finish the day with a nice dinner at one of the great independent restaurants in the city.
• What's your mantra in life?
Be ethical, always finish and be peaceful.
• Which song defines your life?
Love Gun by Kiss.
• What's your biggest fear?
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Definitely a night out.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
My partner (this time it's true).
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Sort out my ridiculous amount of brothers and sisters, making sure they're all settled, then I'd start a charity.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com