10 questions with... Jake Gower from Jakey Le Bakey
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with chef, Jake Gower, from Jakey Le Bakey on Norwich Market.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
As a relative newbie to the city this is quite hard, but the words I would use are surprising, foodie and peaceful.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three others, who would you want them to be?
My partner (I have to say that) and I'd replace the other two people with dogs.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
The groundskeeper at Hogwarts.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
• How would you spend a perfect day in Norwich?
I'd start with a nice breakfast and then go for a walk, stopping along the way for several drinks at the many, many pubs Norwihc has to offer. I'd finish the day with a nice dinner at one of the great independent restaurants in the city.
• What's your mantra in life?
Be ethical, always finish and be peaceful.
• Which song defines your life?
Love Gun by Kiss.
• What's your biggest fear?
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Definitely a night out.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
My partner (this time it's true).
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Sort out my ridiculous amount of brothers and sisters, making sure they're all settled, then I'd start a charity.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com