10 questions with... Jake Gower from Jakey Le Bakey
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with chef, Jake Gower, from Jakey Le Bakey on Norwich Market.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
As a relative newbie to the city this is quite hard, but the words I would use are surprising, foodie and peaceful.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three others, who would you want them to be?
My partner (I have to say that) and I'd replace the other two people with dogs.
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
The groundskeeper at Hogwarts.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
• How would you spend a perfect day in Norwich?
I'd start with a nice breakfast and then go for a walk, stopping along the way for several drinks at the many, many pubs Norwihc has to offer. I'd finish the day with a nice dinner at one of the great independent restaurants in the city.
• What's your mantra in life?
Be ethical, always finish and be peaceful.
• Which song defines your life?
Love Gun by Kiss.
• What's your biggest fear?
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Definitely a night out.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
My partner (this time it's true).
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Sort out my ridiculous amount of brothers and sisters, making sure they're all settled, then I'd start a charity.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org