10 Questions with Jack Murphy from Youth Killed It
- Credit: Rebecca Need-Menear
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Jack Murphy lead singer of up and coming local band, Youth Killed It.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Yellow, green, clean.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Steve Coogan (Supplier of entertainment), Bear Grylls (We have to survive don't we?!) and Stephen Fry (For the pub quiz we will inevitably create).
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Any person who transformed themselves into an internet meme. For me that's the ultimate dream.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 5 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 6 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Would be with my friends in the city drinking at our locals and enjoying one of the many great independent restaurants.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
City for me. Norwich at night is such a great city to be in. It's kind of in that stage between a town and a city. What I mean by that is it has the city facilities but has the localness and friendliness of a town. Where you always end up having a great time with the people you are with and also new people you meet. Half my friends have been met on random nights out in Norwich!
• What's your mantra in life?
I suppose it would be about respect. Treat everyone the way you would want to be treated. Smiling is good for the soul. Surround yourself with positive things and remember that you're never alone, people care.
• Which song defines your life?
The Killers – All These Things That I've Done
• What's your biggest fear?
Throughout my life it has constantly changed. In more recent years it would have to be death. Death sucks.
• What one thing could you never be without?
Jokes. Always bring a selection of well thought out jokes for each occasion. They are a great ice-breaker and always start every new conversation with some fun. Don't forget your delivery though! That could be awkward without that.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Honestly, first thing I'd do would be to make sure my nieces and nephews were well looked after and then the rest would be given away to other people who need it more than I do. Money, like everything, is important in life but it does not define you as a person and you don't need it to be a great one.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature email email@example.com