10 questions with... Ian Kelly
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Ian Kelly, co-scenario writer for the Northern Ballet's production of Casanova at Norwich Theatre Royal from April 4-8. You may also know him as Hermione Granger's dad from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Pubs, clubs, churches.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
My children, Oscar and Celia, and my other half, Claire Kelly of the Mindfulness in Schools Project - they'd all keep each other and me laughing, at least one of us would be practical, and we'd remain mindful that at least we have got away from Donald Trump.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Just at the moment, maybe Giacomo Casanova - to answer all the questions I get asked about him over my book and ballet at Norwich Theatre Royal…well, that's partly why.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 7 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
- 10 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
At the theatre, wandering the market and the alleys…popping into the occasional pub and I love the Castle Museum.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
City every time. Apart from in February when it's raining, I guess...
• What's your mantra in life?
When in doubt, say 'yes'!
• Which song defines your life?
Hi diddley di - An Actors Life for me -from Pinocchio.
• What's your biggest fear?
Being stuck on a desert island listening to the song that defines my life - and Donald Trump.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
Laughter - mainly at myself.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Nothing different - so I must have already.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com