10 questions with... Ian Kelly
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Ian Kelly, co-scenario writer for the Northern Ballet's production of Casanova at Norwich Theatre Royal from April 4-8. You may also know him as Hermione Granger's dad from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Pubs, clubs, churches.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
My children, Oscar and Celia, and my other half, Claire Kelly of the Mindfulness in Schools Project - they'd all keep each other and me laughing, at least one of us would be practical, and we'd remain mindful that at least we have got away from Donald Trump.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Just at the moment, maybe Giacomo Casanova - to answer all the questions I get asked about him over my book and ballet at Norwich Theatre Royal…well, that's partly why.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
At the theatre, wandering the market and the alleys…popping into the occasional pub and I love the Castle Museum.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
City every time. Apart from in February when it's raining, I guess...
• What's your mantra in life?
When in doubt, say 'yes'!
• Which song defines your life?
Hi diddley di - An Actors Life for me -from Pinocchio.
• What's your biggest fear?
Being stuck on a desert island listening to the song that defines my life - and Donald Trump.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
Laughter - mainly at myself.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Nothing different - so I must have already.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org