10 questions with... Ian Kelly
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Ian Kelly, co-scenario writer for the Northern Ballet's production of Casanova at Norwich Theatre Royal from April 4-8. You may also know him as Hermione Granger's dad from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Pubs, clubs, churches.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
My children, Oscar and Celia, and my other half, Claire Kelly of the Mindfulness in Schools Project - they'd all keep each other and me laughing, at least one of us would be practical, and we'd remain mindful that at least we have got away from Donald Trump.
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Just at the moment, maybe Giacomo Casanova - to answer all the questions I get asked about him over my book and ballet at Norwich Theatre Royal…well, that's partly why.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 3 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 4 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 5 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 6 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 7 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 8 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
At the theatre, wandering the market and the alleys…popping into the occasional pub and I love the Castle Museum.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
City every time. Apart from in February when it's raining, I guess...
• What's your mantra in life?
When in doubt, say 'yes'!
• Which song defines your life?
Hi diddley di - An Actors Life for me -from Pinocchio.
• What's your biggest fear?
Being stuck on a desert island listening to the song that defines my life - and Donald Trump.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
Laughter - mainly at myself.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Nothing different - so I must have already.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com