10 questions with… Funny Girl star, Tom Partridge
- Credit: Norwich Theatre Royal
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with actor, Tom Partridge, starring in Funny Girl at Norwich Theatre Royal June 26 to July 1.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Picturesque, homely, safe.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Bear Grylls (because he would help you survive), my twin brother (he's my closest member of family and we have the same silly sense of humour) and the singer Robyn because she is my favourite singer and would keep us all entertained.
You may also want to watch:
• If you could be anyone else (real or fictional) who would you be?
I don't want be anyone else but a few super hero powers wouldn't go a miss
- 1 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 2 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 3 Norwich pub to host Christmas market and Disney breakfast
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 'We've lost £300,000': Bar owner slams £1,000 grant 'insult'
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Man admits murdering man found in city woodland after row over drugs
- 8 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 9 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Saturday spent catching up with relatives and taking a day boat and exploring the Norfolk broads. Sunday go for a walk through the city and stop off at a pub for a roast dinner.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
City every time. I like being able to walk everywhere especially after a night out.
• What do you like most about Norwich?
I feel Norwich has so much to offer, theatres, cinema, local music venues. It's a great place.
• What's your mantra in life?
I believe what you put into life you get out. And hard work pays off.
• What's your biggest fear?
Snakes and lizards.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
Sad to say, but I would have to say that the one thing I couldn't be without is my phone, as it is vital when touring as I keep in contact with friends and family. And it can often be hard working away from loved ones. Thankfully the cast of 'Funny Girl' is one of the nicest groups of people I have ever worked with, which makes working away much easier.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would like to travel the world, buy a property in London, and make sure my friends and family were sorted. Then I would donate to charities, in particular I would support and fund the training of underprivileged children in performing arts and education.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org