10 questions with... Dr Mark Felton
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Norwich-based writer and historian, Dr Mark Felton, the author of several World War II dramas, including Zero Night and Castle of the Eagles.
Describe Norwich in three words…
Trendy, historical & friendly
If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Ray Mears, Bill Bryson and Tom Hanks. Ray Mears so that he can save our lives, Bill Bryson so he can write the hilarious story of how Mears saved our lives and Tom Hanks so that, (a) he won't be so lonely this time that he starts talking to a basketball, and (b) he can go on to star in the Hollywood movie about how Ray Mears saved our lives. I have cunningly not included Bear Grylls in this list so we can all hopefully avoid drinking urine.
If you could be anyone else who would you be?
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 3 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 4 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 6 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 7 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 8 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 9 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 10 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Strolling in The Lanes, lunch at Baby Buddha, a film at Cinema City, finishing with drinks at Revolucion de Cuba.
Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
A night out in the city.
What's your mantra in life?
Which song defines your life?
Films have always meant more to me than music, so I'm going to say that at the moment its the wonderful Eddie the Eagle, whose title character takes my mantra 'carpe diem' to the extreme with impressive results!
What's your biggest fear?
Being eaten by sharks - I have Steven Spielberg to thank for that one!
Which one thing could you never be without?
What would you do if you won the lottery?
Buy a Monet for my wife.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org