10 questions with... Dr Mark Felton
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Norwich-based writer and historian, Dr Mark Felton, the author of several World War II dramas, including Zero Night and Castle of the Eagles.
Describe Norwich in three words…
Trendy, historical & friendly
If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Ray Mears, Bill Bryson and Tom Hanks. Ray Mears so that he can save our lives, Bill Bryson so he can write the hilarious story of how Mears saved our lives and Tom Hanks so that, (a) he won't be so lonely this time that he starts talking to a basketball, and (b) he can go on to star in the Hollywood movie about how Ray Mears saved our lives. I have cunningly not included Bear Grylls in this list so we can all hopefully avoid drinking urine.
You may also want to watch:
If you could be anyone else who would you be?
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 8 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 9 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Strolling in The Lanes, lunch at Baby Buddha, a film at Cinema City, finishing with drinks at Revolucion de Cuba.
Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
A night out in the city.
What's your mantra in life?
Which song defines your life?
Films have always meant more to me than music, so I'm going to say that at the moment its the wonderful Eddie the Eagle, whose title character takes my mantra 'carpe diem' to the extreme with impressive results!
What's your biggest fear?
Being eaten by sharks - I have Steven Spielberg to thank for that one!
Which one thing could you never be without?
What would you do if you won the lottery?
Buy a Monet for my wife.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email email@example.com