10 questions with... Director of Young Norfolk Arts, Lucy Farrant
- Credit: sfp communications
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat. This week we spoke with Director of Young Norfolk Arts, Lucy Farrant.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Vibrant, cultured, civilised.
• If you were stranded with three people on a deserted island, who would you want them to be?
Selfish me would want my loved ones;
You may also want to watch:
Practical me would want the calmest man in Norfolk – Bradley Glasspoole -because he can sort anything plus my best friend to share everything with and Brad Pitt, because...
Altruistic me would want to remove some of the bad 'uns to prevent them doing harm in the wider world Donald Trump, Marine Le Pen , Kim Jong-un… the list is potentially a long one.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 9 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 10 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
• If you could be any other person, who would it be?
I am very lucky to be me.
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
One of the many lovely things about Norwich is its proximity to the sea – so a beach walk with my dog (at any time of year), a wander through the Market and the Lanes, a meal at somewhere like Namaste or Wild Thyme and a gig of some sort, preferably at Norwich Arts Centre- all shared with friends and family.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out on the town?
A Night on the town – no question
• What's your mantra in life?
It's not a rehearsal.
• Which song defines your life?
I'm not sure about definition but the one song that I can listen to endlessly and which I love is The Ship Song by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
• What's your biggest fear?
Losing my loved ones.
• Which one thing could you never be without?
My hot water bottle.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would like to make sure that my nearest dearest have what they need and then I would like to do something meaningful for the people who have been abandoned by society who are very visible even in our fine and relatively prosperous City.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org