10 questions with... Charlie Hodson
- Credit: Archant
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Charlie Hodson, one of Norfolk's top chefs.
1. Describe Norwich in three words…
Vibrant, beautiful, home.
2. If you were stranded on a desert island, which three people would you want to be stuck there with?
Pierre Koffman, most amazing chef of all time. Shergold Smith Missionary in Uganda 1877 and my parents they always came as one, sadly no longer with us but they are the inspiration for the life I now have in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
3. If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Me. Not sure I want to be anyone else . Would like to turn the clock back to 1993 and not have left it until 2012 to come home to Norfolk. Feel I missed out on watching our amazing city and county grow.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 4 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 9 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 10 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
4. How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
It's all about the food! I'd start with breakfast at the Bicycle Café, then have lunch at the Workshop and dinner at Benedict's or the Farmhouse. In the evening I'd go for a few drinks at Bond, which is a little haven in the heart of Tombland. Did I mention they have an amazing gin selection? I'd also want a taste of the Arts so I'd probably head to Cinema City, which is my most favourite cinema in the UK. Sunday afternoon would be spent at the Sainsbury Centre, especially the Paul Nash exhibition. The weekend would have to be capped off with a trip on the river and more Norwich gin.
5. What's your mantra in life?
To give back ... And try to make a difference.
6. Which song defines your life?
Stevie Wonder and Sting 'Fragile'. We don't realise how amazing life is until we lose so very much.
7. Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Can't beat a winter's evening in the city, especially within the cathedral quarter which is stacked with history and so beautiful when it's a little chillier. It's what I love about Norwich, simply perfect in every season.
8. What's your biggest fear?
Finding out tiramisu isn't really a Welsh pudding.
9. What one thing could you never live without?
Memories. I'd be lost a soul without them.
10. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Share with those who would never know me. This was the easiest question to answer.
• What are your responses to our 10 questions? Email your answers, your details and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org