10 questions with... Cupcake & Co’s Anne Falgate
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke to Cupcake & Co owner, Anne Falgate.
Describe Norwich in three words…
Interesting. Underrated. Home.
If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Me, myself & I! Not really. My two sons and Diana Princess of Wales (I've got so many questions!)
You may also want to watch:
If you could be anyone else who would you be?
I'd love to spend a day in the life of my mum when she was younger, as I'd love to know what makes her so strong, although I've grown to be happy in my own skin these days.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Saturday morning would be spent mooching onto the market to pick up some fresh fruit and veg and have a catch up with my old neighbours Mike Debs & Sons. Some retail therapy then lunch with my family at Benedicts. In the evening a couple of drinks in The Birdcage with fish and chips from Grosvenor.
Breakfast at Bread Source would be a perfect start to a lazy Sunday with friends.
Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
A night in watching How to get away with murder and a bottle of red wine.
What's your mantra in life?
Smile and the whole world smiles with you. Cry and you cry alone.
Which song defines your life?
Dreams by the Cranberries.
What's your biggest fear?
I'm not really afraid of anything any more but if I had to pick a fear I guess something bad happening to any of my family would be it.
Which one thing could you never be without?
My trio of Kitchenaid stand mixers, a must for keeping the shop stocked despite these arthritic hands of mine!
What would you do if you won the lottery?
What wouldn't I do?!!
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org