10 places in Norwich where your child can meet Santa this Christmas
- Credit: Richard Jarmy
Do you remember the first time you met Santa? Share the magic of the season with your child by taking them to visit Father Christmas on one of his many stops in and around Norwich before the big day.
• Jarrold, 1-11 London Street, Norwich
Until Christmas Eve, children will have the chance to visit Father Christmas in store, which is filled with twinkling lights and decorations, to share their festive wishes with him and receive a very special gift. Tickets cost £4 per person and grotto opening times vary, visit www.jarrold.co.uk for more information.
• Highway Garden and Leisure, Loddon Road, Framingham Pigot, Norwich
Christmas meets the Wizard of Oz this season at Highway Garden and Leisure as Santa's Grotto lies at the end of the yellow brick road. Meet many well known characters from the film as you travel through Munchkinland, including the Tin Man, The Wicked Witch of the West and the Cowardly Lion before entering the grotto to meet Father Christmas and tell him how good you've been all year. The grotto is open daily until Christmas Eve, 10.30am until 5pm Monday to Friday, 9.15am until 5pm on Saturday and 10.30am until 4.30pm on Sundays. Tickets cost £6.95 per child and spaces can be pre-booked by calling 01508 494665.
• Notcutts, Daniels Road, Norwich
Take a trip to Santa's winter wonderland at Notcutts this Christmas, where you can enjoy a special gift and meet the main man himself. As well as a Grotto experience, the garden centre are also offering children the chance to have dinner with Santa in the restaurant, which will include a gift, tasty meal and perhaps a story or game with Father Christmas. Santa's Grotto is open daily until Christmas Eve and tickets are £7.50 per person, seasonal teas with Santa are available until Thursday, December 22 and cost £11 per child with a maximum of two accompanying adults going free.
• Wroxham Barns, Tunstead Road, Hoveton
Wroxham Barns are doing things a little different this Christmas, throwing Santa Parties for children to enjoy. Held in Bella's Barn, the 90 minute party will feature magic tricks from Santa, festive fun with elves, Christmas crafts as well as a chance to meet Santa and receive a gift. The parties will be taking place each weekend until December 20. Ticket prices vary, visit www.wroxhambarns.co.uk for more information and a full list of prices.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 6 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 Clinic shuts after more than 40 years with £60k losses due to Covid
• The Forum, Millennium Plain, Norwich
Get your pooch involved in the festivities by taking him or her along to meet Santa Paws at Santa's Grotto for Dogs outside the Forum on Saturday, December 10 between 10am and 4pm. Visits are free and guests will have the chance to take a unique photo to share with friends and family. Canine fancy dress is encouraged as are donations to RSPCA Norfolk who are running the event.
• Hoveton Hall, Hoveton Hall Estate, Hoveton
A Christmas Craft Fair and Children's Santa trail will be taking place at Hoveton Hall over the weekend of December 12 and 13, between 10am and 3pm. Father Christmas will be attending the event on both days, along with his reindeer and sleigh. Tickets cost £6 per person, with the price for adults including a free mince pie and glass of mulled wine, and children getting a small gift from Santa.
• Strangers' Hall, Charing Cross, Norwich
Father Christmas will be in his toy workshop at Strangers' this Christmas for all to meet. Take in the unique atmosphere of the house with festive greenery, enjoy music and entertainment and try your hand at crafts. Santa will be at the Hall on Saturday, December 17 and Wednesday, December 21. Tickets are £5 plus standard museum admission cost.
• Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, School Road, South Walsham
Have yourself a very woodland Christmas this year at Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden where on December 10 and 11 between 11am and 4pm your family will have the chance to meet reindeer Comet and Blitzen before heading off to Santa's house. Guests can then head back to the tearoom for hot chocolate, mulled wine and hot chestnuts and enjoy live music played by a brass band, hand bell ringers and a choir. Santa's elves will also be offering free Christmas crafts and face painting. Adult tickets cost £6.50, concessions are £5.90 and children are £7. Pre-booking is essential.
• Taverham Nursery Centre, Fir Covert Road, Taverham, Norwich
Santa will be arriving at Taverham Nursery centre this December, with the Grotto open on the 10, 11, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 between 10.30am and 4.30pm, and 10.30am until 2pm on Christmas Eve. Tickets cost £7 per child, the price of which includes an age appropriate Christmas gift.
• The Hamlet Children's Centre, Johnson Place, Norwich
On Sunday, December 11 a magical Christmas fair will be taking place at The Hamlet Children's Centre. Between 11am and 4pm a whole host of events will be on offer, including face-painting, games, craft stalls, tombola and reflexology. In addition to this there will be performances by the children's hand bell group and a chance to meet Santa and Queen Elsa in a magical frozen grotto. Entry to the fair costs £1 and a visit to the grotto is £5 and includes a gift.
• Are you holding a special festive event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org