Norwich make-up artist with 1m TikTok followers quits job to work with huge brands
- Credit: Instagram/@sydneypurl
From special effects to stunning glamour, a Norwich make-up artist has been able to go self-employed after catching the attention of global brands on social media.
The video and images below are not for the squeamish!
Sydney Purl, 27, gave up her job as a secretary at a beauty school in April this year due to her success on video platform TikTok, which she joined in October 2019.
She now has 1.2 million followers, along with 33,000 on Instagram, and has worked with major brands including L'Oréal, Maybelline and JD Sports.
She also has an ongoing contract with Makeup Revolution and her photo was recently displayed in all Superdrug stores across the UK.
Her speciality is special effects make-up, which has included a mermaid and an exposed brain, and each look takes from two to five hours.
Miss Purl said: "Social media has changed my life completely and especially TikTok, I get so many opportunities and invited to loads of events."
- 1 Where to watch thousands of dominoes topple through Norwich
- 2 Will Sweet Briar Road repairs be completed by the end of the month?
- 3 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 4 Man given flat just THREE DAYS before he'd have to live out of car
- 5 Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre returns with stalls, live music and 'great food'
- 6 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 7 Families fed up with 'ludicrous' lights causing chaos on their road
- 8 City to be given a say on million pound street plans
- 9 Investigation launched after disabled woman stranded at bus stop
- 10 Revealed: Where Japanese knotweed has been spotted in Norfolk
Follow @sydneypurl on TikTok and and Instagram.