Why I love Norfolk: Louise Thomas-Minns
- Credit: Contributed
Cycling across the corn fields in summer as a child between Upton and Acle.
Norwich Cathedral. It's such an imposing yet calm piece of architecture and history.
I love to grab a coffee and potter around the grounds or head along to the river walk.
I love heading to Holkham Hall as you can wander around the deer park, grab some lunch and head to the beach too. It ticks a lot of boxes for me.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 4 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 5 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 6 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 7 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 City's car parks FINALLY go cashless
- 10 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
The Red Lion in Eaton is my 'local', then if we're coast bound then the Wiveton Bell. The food at both pubs is great. Sorry, that's two!
Place to eat
I love Salt in Norwich. It has great, healthy lunch options and coffee.
It has to be Holkham. The pine woods are a world away from any hustle and bustle, and there's the expansive beach and big skies if I just want to sit and people watch.
It must be Jarrold department store in Norwich. It's got everything all under one roof - great shopping, along with lovely places for a coffee, cake, or a cheeky glass of fizz and some delicious deli fayre.
Well, aside from my skin care range, I also think that lip brand Juni cosmetics is amazing too.
Any stretch of the beautiful coastal path. I’m planning to run the length of it across the rest of this year.