See inside new luxury show apartment just unveiled
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Plush new apartments are being released for sale in Norwich.
High-end housebuilder Hill has almost finished the first phase of apartments at St James Quay in Barrack Street - where the most expensive three bedroom penthouse, priced at £725,000, has already been sold.
This penthouse, with a wrap-around balcony boasting incredible panoramic views across the river and city, has been bought by a couple who are downsizing from a larger house.
Adam Raker, regional sales manager, Hill, said Covid had had an effect on the types of buyers for the apartments, situated overlooking the river and close to the railway station.
"One of our buyers had moved to London and because he was able to work from home in lockdown decided to relocate back to Norwich. He wanted to travel to London a couple of days a week - so people are migrating back."
You may also want to watch:
The phase of 88 homes now has a plush new show apartment which is open for the first time at the weekend. All viewing slots on both Saturday and Sunday are already booked up.
The next phase of properties being built in the entire development of 220 should be ready early next year and the final block by summer 2023. This includes eight houses - and such is the demand being expressed for them, Mr Raker said work may be brought forward on those.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
The vast riverside site in Barrack Street stood empty for a decade, and was mainly used by Jarrold for car parking.
Properties are sold, leasehold, with no ground rent charges and car parking is available on some plots. Current two-bedroom apartments available are priced from £344,950 and the other three-bedroom penthouse is £679,950 but prices vary.