First look at new luxury townhouse for sale in converted Norfolk manor
- Credit: Sowerbys
As soon as you set eyes on Raikes House, you know you are looking at a very special new home.
The three-bedroom townhouse is one of over 30 new properties due to be built at The Lodge in Drayton, a former ‘Tudorbethan’ manor house in Norwich which is being transformed into a selection of exclusive new homes.
Because the properties incorporate elements of the original manor house, constructed in 1914, they offer a seamless fusion of the old and the new – and Raikes House is certainly no exception. As part of its design it even incorporates the original property’s grand central staircase.
The properties are the result of painstaking work from the team at Hidden Talents Development, the Norwich-based construction firm behind Byfords of Holt and The Dial House in Reepham.
Selling agents Sowerbys say that the homes at The Lodge in Drayton offer "the same attention to detail and provide the exclusive way of life you would expect from this exceptional brand," combining style and elegance with a prime location.
Raikes House is for sale at a guide price of £750,000 and offers around 2,055 sq ft of living space, which is arranged over two floors.
At the heart of the property is an open-plan living space, which faces south and overlooks a lovely private garden and parkland beyond.
It includes a substantial feature fireplace to one side, as well as the original grand staircase, now restored, and a beautiful Shaker-style kitchen, complete with integrated Neff appliances and quartz worktops.
There is also a grand entrance lobby, utility room and cloakroom on the ground floor, as well as a boot room that conveniently doubles as a wine store.
You may also want to watch:
The stairs sweep up two sides of the building’s original stairwell and lead to three double bedrooms, including an impressive master with its own dressing area, as well as a luxurious en suite, and a family bathroom.
There is also plenty of storage space, thanks to a generously-sized loft, and parking for up to two vehicles.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 3 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 4 Prince of Wales Road will bounce back, nightlife stalwarts predict
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 8 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 9 Are you lost? Seal splashes its way to Norwich
- 10 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
Contact Sowerbys on 01603 761441 for more information.
Drayton High Road, Norwich
Guide price: £750,000
Sowerbys, 01603 761441, www.sowerbys.com