See inside ultra cool Factory penthouse for sale for £550,000
- Credit: DPS Estates
A loft-style penthouse apartment with ultra cool interior design is for sale in Norwich's Factory building.
The Factory, in Kerrison Road, was previously a mechanical parts factory, home to Laurence, Scott & Electromotors Ltd.
In its heyday, it was one of the city’s largest employers, with around 3,000 staff and its products were used on the Titanic, Royal Navy submarines and to help excavate the area needed to build the Channel Tunnel.
In the late 1950s, part of the building in Kerrison Road was the technical drawing office, where uninterrupted floor space – with no pillars or upright posts – allowed the team of designers to pack in with their large drawing boards and make the most of the natural light.
Years ago it was converted into 24 loft-style apartments with an industrial feel.
You may also want to watch:
The apartment for sale is one of the penthouses on the top floor with an outside terrace. Inside it has a double height vaulted ceiling with large loft windows.
Since the conversion the apartment has been re-modelled and upgraded with the addition of a mezzanine balcony area overlooking the living room, a walk-in wardrobe, office space and a large shower/bathroom with a modern tub.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 8 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 9 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash
The apartment has designer-sourced fittings, extensive rewiring with speakers and internet Cat 5 cabling together a Sonos home media centre. The kitchen has been upgraded and the whole apartment has been re-laid with a uniquely designed, limed Douglas Fir wooden flooring. There is underfloor heating throughout, digitally controlled in each room.
There are two bedrooms as well as the open plan living area, a study and outside space.
David Musgrove, from DPS Estates, selling the property said: "We are delighted to offer this uniquely re-styled designer loft penthouse apartment in the iconic Factory building in central Norwich. It has Shoreditch interior design for every feature."