Grade II listed Italian-style villa in Norwich on sale for £950k
- Credit: Sowerbys
Built in the style of an Italianate villa, this Grade II listed home is on the market for £950,000.
Irstead House is a four-bed property located on a hillside in Thorpe Hamlet, an area known as the "Richmond of Norwich".
The home was built in 1875 as a large extension to the owner's older house (now 4 Cotman Road) for his family.
It is a good example of late Victorian Italian-style architecture with period details such as high ceilings, ornate cornices and a wood-burning stove.
The house is split down the middle by the stairs, with rooms on either side. The ground floor includes a drawing room and a kitchen-breakfast room.
The first floor has two bedrooms, one with an en suite, and a family bathroom. The second floor has two further bedrooms, with views of the Yare Valley.
To the sides of the property, there are both west and east-facing raised terraces as well as a landscaped garden with meandering walkways through established beds, box hedges and mature trees for privacy.
- 1 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 2 Which parts of Norwich could be underwater by 2030?
- 3 Dad left fuming as royal flag stolen weeks before jubilee weekend
- 4 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 7 Driver with expired license overtakes police at 95mph
- 8 Police descend on city home 'frightening the life' out of neighbours
- 9 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 10 Can you spot yourself in these Race for Life pictures?
This gated house is approached by a gravel drive and has off-road parking and a double garage.
Located in Cotman Road off Thorpe Road, the house is just a mile from the centre of Norwich.
Cotman Road, Norwich
Guide price: £950,000
Sowerbys, 01603 761441, www.sowerbys.com