Property focus: The £1m house in the centre of Norwich
- Credit: Sowerbys
A Georgian house in the centre of Norwich has gone up for sale for a cool £1.25m - highlighting just how sought after the area has become.
The five-bedroomed house is a Grade II listed property which has been given a modern restoration.
The front door opens to the entrance hall, which leads to the drawing room, dining room, kitchen, and left-wing of the house.
The drawing room has two fireplaces with marble surrounds, and pocket doors that lead to the sitting room.
The dining room also has a marble fire surround, as well as a separate corridor to the kitchen, perfect for formal dining.
The "L" shaped kitchen and breakfast room has vaulted ceilings, a Clive Christian kitchen, Miele appliances, and an island.
The house has been extended to the east to create an open-plan sitting and living room with large sliding glazed doors opening to the garden.
- 1 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 2 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 3 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 4 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 5 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 6 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 7 5 new shop opening in Norwich to look forward to
- 8 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
- 9 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 10 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
On the ground floor, there is also one bedroom with an en-suite, a triple garage, and a workshop.
The first floor has a mezzanine level and access to three of the five bedrooms. Bedroom one has an en-suite and dressing room, and bedroom three also has an en-suite.
Bedroom two has is next to the family bathroom, which features Porcelanosa fittings.
The second floor also has another bedroom and bathroom, with storage space in the eaves of the house.
There is also a lower ground floor, which contains a cellar and a study, which has access to the garden.
The house is approached via a path between two lawns. The rear garden has a courtyard area and is bordered by the original brick wall.
The home is located in the centre of Norwich, on Chapelfield Road in The Crescent, a private road.
Chapelfield Road, Norwich
Guide Price: £1,250,000
Sowerbys, 01603 761441, www.sowerbys.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.