Buy land on a secret island for £3,000-£6,000
- Credit: Auction House
It's like something out of a Famous Five adventure. Land on the exciting-sounding Heron Island in Norfolk, which many don't even know exists, is being auctioned.
Crabbetts Marsh, on the island near Horning and Wroxham, is a parcel of amenity waterside land accessed only via a bridge.
Currently overgrown, the "tranquil spot" is found off a shared driveway, crossing the bridge from dry land.
Plot 74 is being auctioned on July 28 in a livestream sale.
Heron Island can be found after leaving Wroxham, heading towards Horning. It's located by turning right onto a private road called South Quays Lane, across a bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Bryan Baxter, auctioneer at Auction House, said: "Crabbetts Marsh is a private dyke leading onto the River Bure and Plot 74 is a parcel of amenity waterside land, situated on Heron Island, a part of the marsh accessed via a bridge.
"Currently overgrown this tranquil spot can be accessed via a shared driveway and is within a short distance of the village of Horning and only a mile from Wroxham."
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 5 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash